Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
BLU SSR
2,151 Posts
I had the same problem and replaced the thermostat. Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Had to put in a new clear tank in engine compartment and a thermostat from the dealer. That worked
Hey DLSheeler, 1 POST SINCE 2013 ??? Come on in -- the water's fine and we (most of us) don't bite!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hello all SSR-Fanatics that so kindly and promptly responded to my wife's posting for comments and assistance. The SSR Fanatic community is a great group of people -- actually new friends, one and all! -- that helped my wife and me with the recent engine overheating problem with our SSR. Thank you all for taking time to respond to my wife's postings. A special shout-out" and many thanks to Mike in AZ for all the advice and information about replacement part options available through you/your company -- much appreciated! We did take the SSR in for service (I was slow on taking it in for service as well as updating you, so my apologies for this delay) and, thankfully, there was no damage and the repair was straightforward (new thermostat). Take care everyone and, again, many thanks for all the generous assistance!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,464 Posts
I believe GM recommends changing the oil anytime the engine overheats, can't hurt.
Everytime mine overheated the 0il life indicator on the DIC went to Zero so I would be inclined to agree with you.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts