Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SSR was built on November 5 and subsequently shipped with an estimated November 26 delivery date in south Florida. Now told that the unit is on "engineering hold" at a transportation center in New Boston - wherever that is. At least the running boards have arrived. Perhaps I'll get it piece by piece. Has anyone experienced anything like this, and out of curiosity, where is New Boston?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
same story

My ssr was also built on 11/05/03 with a vin number of 1319. Still has not made it to the train yard in port allen.I am in new orleans la, about one hour away.dealer does not seem to know whats happing. i thought i would have it for thankgiving, but i guess not.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks billdr, I'll let you know if I get any substantive clues to this "engineering" mystery.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY VIN # IS 1321

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW IF THIS ONE IS ON HOLD ALSO

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most likely it is - GM seems unwilling or unable to identify the problem with delivery of SSRs built around November 5. I've tried both GM and my dealer several times and have "O" to show for it.

Typical I suppose of how little attention corporate Americe is willing to give to individual customers.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SSR ON HOLD

TRAPPER, YOUR VIN # IS 1324 & MY VIN # IS 1321
HAVE YOU ANY NEWS ON THE HOLD ISSUE
I SEE LOTS OF SSR ON EBAY WITH HIGHER VIN #
JUST CAN NOT GET ANY NEWS ON WHEN I WILL EVERY GET DELIVERY

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cross Your Fingers

I was told yesterday by my dealer that mine (vin 3124) was now "on the train headin' south to Florida for delivery by early next week." He seemed certain, adding that GM gave no reason for the delay other than the mysterious "engineering hold."

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talked to dealer today,He assured me it would be here saturday.I have heard this before, guess there,ssome disadvanage,s of living in the south. vin1319

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today, 12/4/03, I drove by the Lansing Mi. SSR production plant and the usual parking lot full of SSR's was visible as a sea of Red, Yellow and black and I saw one being driven out of the plant with the white protection paper. A few blocks away at the Leaseway Trucking holding area I saw numerous SSR's on haulers, with other GM vehicles and eve one hauler with just 5 SSR'S! An impressive sight. A fenced in lot that 2-3 weeks ago was holding just SSR's probably 200+ was now empty, so I have to think that they are shipping these as fast as they can build them, which seems obvious by the drop in prices/bids on ebay!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Realprowlerfan

Please check your email me or contact me at [email protected]. I have a question for you. Thanks.. BTW...I have a Prowler and an SSR too, both GREAT fun!

·
Registered
566 Posts
SSR290: What year is it????

SSR290: Congrats on your SSR Vin # 1622.

As I was looking over the pics you posted I

noticed it had extra bowties and a stripe on the tail.

I dont recall if you mentioned if it is an 03 or 04..

What year is it? Thanks...

Ladyinred:angel

Lizz

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Detail

:cool :cool :cool

My SSR is a 2003. The Bowties and stripe were just added. They are a medium conspicuity reflective material that gives it a unique look, especially when the light catches it just right. Has sort of a cat eye quality.

The stripe is a semi replication of the chevron bar that was on the rear of the concept vehicle. For some reason GM removed this when they introduced the RED 2002 beta. I did this to also help break up the height of the back.

I didn't want to overdo the decoration, but just add some subtle accents to enhance this fantastic vehicle.

:) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Detail

:cool :cool :cool

My SSR is a 2003. The Bowties and stripe were just added. They are a medium conspicuity reflective material that gives it a unique look, especially when the light catches it just right. Has sort of a cat eye quality.

The stripe is a semi replication of the chevron bar that was on the rear of the concept vehicle. For some reason GM removed this when they introduced the RED 2002 beta. I did this to also help break up the height of the back.

I didn't want to overdo the decoration, but just add some subtle accents to enhance this fantastic vehicle.

:) :) :) :) :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts