Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Time to earn your SSR some glory! Last month's vote will run until October 10, but don't let that stop you from entering in for next month!

5 photos; no more, no less. NO collages. Modifications list if you prefer *Pictures must be of current state of car... only exception is winter tires. Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included. If your wheels/retros/suspension/etc. are currently for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list. Cars that are currently for sale may not be submitted. No "Future Modifications" either*

Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.

So now through October 20th: Submission Entries. Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. (Submissions after 11:59PM on the 21st will not be included in the competition)

October 23rd through end of the month: A poll will be added containing the entered submissions. A voting poll will be created so that all members get the chance to vote on their favourite. The person with the most votes at the end of the month will be the winner for the month!

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
"Cru" I think most of us are at a point in our life that we really don't care. Trophy's, Plaques & Certificates just don't mean as much as they did "back in the day" !!! Just my opinion. ten uh c cozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,200 Posts
10 Days in and NO ENTRIES!?!?

BTW @Administrator I think you should change some of the dates in the quoted portion above (in the grey area, with the September dates) LOL
HA! HA!----you opened my door--Sorry picture posting process!!

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hey Cozydog. Trophys are nice. Some people never win one. A few years ago I went to a judged car show with my old chevy. In my class there was two cars In It and mine being one of them. I still to this day have not figured out why I came In third???? I really wanted that recycled bowling trophy they were giving for the car show. The trophy said congratulations, You came In last In your class. Im still looking for my first trophy as I only got a jar of vaseline for entering my car.Wow, I think Captain Jack Rum and coke Is taking effect.Yikes

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
I know what you mean. I don't know how much time and money I spent over the years to get a $10 plastic trophy. However, that was then and this is now. If you take your R to a car show it will be judge by people who do not know a thing about an SSR. The ROTM is recognition by your peers. People who know SSR. At the least, it does not cost you a thing. At the most you will get ROTM next to name, recognition of your peers, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Although, in your case, it might just be the rum and coke...

Hey Cozydog. Trophys are nice. Some people never win one. A few years ago I went to a judged car show with my old chevy. In my class there was two cars In It and mine being one of them. I still to this day have not figured out why I came In third???? I really wanted that recycled bowling trophy they were giving for the car show. The trophy said congratulations, You came In last In your class. Im still looking for my first trophy as I only got a jar of vaseline for entering my car.Wow, I think Captain Jack Rum and coke Is taking effect.Yikes

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Well seems everyone is just to busy, remember winter is coming for many of you , hard to get pictures, and good weather for them.
So this could be the last chance for many of you until spring.
So wash and wax-em , take a few pictures , write a good description and enter.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Here are some of the modifications and changes I have made. You can see more in my garage.
Thanks for taking a look.

Rear Crossmember
ABS Heatshield
Replacement Air Dam
Shift Linkage
Blinking Third Brake Light

Struts: Hood, Roof, Bed Cover

Digital Gauges plus one

LED's
Front driving lights, switched in cab
Entry lights, under running boards and with backups under license plate
Footwell
Inside console
Inside roof storage

Extra Red
Calipers
Bowtie on steering wheel
Reflective bowtie on rear side marker (yellow reflective on front)
Bowties in center caps
Gauge pod
Walker Thrush Red powder coated Mad Hot muffler
Bowtie on Engine cover insert and on back glass

Painted "Chevrolet" letters on hood emblem Black

Garmin GPS: dashcam backup camera, bluetooth, front collision, lane drift warning, etc.

Added Storage
Behind driver seat-did not have tire kit-put that in soft saddle bag
Modified ashtray
On top of hydraulic tank cover in roof storage area
Soft saddle bags
Changed console cup holders-didn't have any-used the kind that hang on by modifying them
"Emergency Kit" in the storage area of bed cover

Larger front tires

Chrome: front spear, front emblem, rear "SS"

CB: Cobra hand held

Backup Light Frame- kept it black for contrast

Had it tuned at the Texas Rally

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last chance to enter and make this a real race! Three entries would be better then two. Will leave open until tomorrow.

And if your are having trouble attaching images to posts, send me a PM and I will assist

1 - 14 of 14 Posts