Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,390 Posts
Yes, bought a cheap piece of exercise foam at a discount store and used an Exacto razor-knife to cut the tool shapes. Have both metric and SAE sockets, as well as a spot for the SSR Top Tool. I need to add an open-limiting cable so the thing doesn’t flop all the way open ... otherwise the tools fall out - HA.
Thank u

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,390 Posts
Don't forget a soft tool to get the center cap off and a lug wrench. If you have brake caliper covers on you need a small wrench to remove them because the 17 inch spare will rub on it and not go on. Just in case all else fails I have my phone, Roadside Assistance and Towing and a credit card. That should cover it all.
Great advise on the caliper covers
Thank you

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,179 Posts
Duct Tape.
One of my recent trips, I had to stop and buy some duct tape to hold the A pillar trim on when the Velcro gave up on the drivers side. So now the Blur truck has a roll in the console. May grab some black Gorilla tape for each of the black trucks to carry.

·
Super Moderator
13,988 Posts
My secondary Canadian Tire 70% off tool kit and some phone #'s to tell me what to do - Dave's Jack Daniel, some cheese, crackers and a blanket if all I get is answering machines because I know nothing about the later edition motors and electrical stuff - plus my BCAA card - the save all for idiots in need.

·
BLU SSR
3,530 Posts
One of my recent trips, I had to stop and buy some duct tape to hold the A pillar trim on when the Velcro gave up on the drivers side. So now the Blur truck has a roll in the console. May grab some black Gorilla tape for each of the black trucks to carry.
I had the same problem a couple years ago not long after buying our Red. I found that blue painters tape will hold the A pillar trim in place if you make sure the edge is smoothly in place on the leading edge...the big advantage is it does not leave any sticky residue. Probably not as strong as Duct tape but it survived 100 miles of interstate and a couple days of local travel with no ill effects.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I carry a small set of tools in the bed lid storage compartment. I also have a tool bag that I carry in the hub of the spare tire in the bed. Spare ignition switch in the glovebox, spare belts in the saddlebag, also carry a floor jack, jack-stands, chocks and lug wrench. Had a rear tire blow out after running over something in the road at night. Replaced the tire with the spare and saved myself a lot of time, money and aggravation.
View attachment 587486
this is ingenious!!! I love the idea. thank you for sharing.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,712 Posts
This is one of several of Chevrolet's 2004 design concepts for a toolkit for the tonneau cover storage compartment. It never came to be as a factory accessory.
SSR Access Tools.jpg

·
BLU SSR
3,530 Posts
077E58A6-C860-4E7D-8492-5702FB1E49EE.jpeg We consider this Sat. Communication device a must if we are traveling out west or anywhere that cell service is not reliable. It’s like a Satellite phone as far as coverage (worldwide) but only sends text messages - good enough to get help anywhere! Several free messages a month for less than $50 a month-Always able to get in touch with Triple A !!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts