Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so everyone here told me that people just stare and stare at you when you drive this thing, and I really thought nothing of that when I read it - I bought the car because it looks so awesome. BUT the attention is overwhelming. Every single place I go, people ask about it look at it etc... And I live in Detroit, where you would think they would have a clue. Last night I was driving and a cop reeled up next to me and I was like uhoh, and he starts asking me how fast it goes, telling me how cool it is etc... (this guy was like 24 yrs old).

Just wanted to say even after 1.5 yrs out, people still don't seem to have seen to many of these - Message to GM - It's not the SSR - in an era of competitors new car releases, import car invasion, etc... there is only so much the consumers can see. I say if they can hang on to this model until it reaches it's critical mass - it could prove to be a great long term proposition.

Being inside the bubble at GM it might be hard for them to understand this lack of awareness. They should do a consumer study and ask people "Do you know what the SSR look like" I'll bet 99/100 would say no.

Note March sales increase coordinating with more consumer ads. Hope for GM's sake the trend continues.

·
Registered
98 Posts
patrol said:
OK, so everyone here told me that people just stare and stare at you when you drive this thing, and I really thought nothing of that when I read it - I bought the car because it looks so awesome. BUT the attention is overwhelming. Every single place I go, people ask about it look at it etc.

I know exactly what you mean. I took it for a test drive and everyone was doing a double take, no wait, staring as if it was the coolest thing on earth--oh, nevermind--it is! :ssr I couldnt believe the people that were watching nothing but the SSR, nevermind the road they're driving on. I cant wait for the excitement and the attention---my SSR is ready this week! :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts