Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes but that does very little for performance, If you like the sound fine but the problem is up front not at the back, Now a set of headers and you have performance

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's not admission of guilt of anything. That's steering someone over to the Corsa company. Personally, I think Corsa is an inferior product and way too overpriced, and taking advantage of today's generation. The truth of the matter is that auto makers in the US are governed by certain environmental laws, so their exhaust has to meet certain standards, which is costly and a drawback to performance. These restrictions aren't put upon after-market parts, so a company can come along and make an exhaust system that is less restrictive, like they did in the '60's and 70's and fooled the public into believing that they are giving you more performance for your money when actually they're giving you a cheaper muffler and charging you primo prices. Ask anyone in the performance field. Also, it's the Cats that restrict everything, so how if you keep your stock Cats, is a muffler going to help you any, when the restriction is coming from the Cats. Besides that, Corsa is only single exhaust just like our stock ones. They set the baffles to sound like its a little hotter and bang you for the bucks. Plus removing your factory Cats will void your warranty. If you want to get that kind of sound and your not touching your Cat, take your muffler down, have someone cut it open and remove one of the baffles inside. Now you'll have a custom sounding exhaust with less restriction to air flow and you saved yourself over a grand.

·
Registered
421 Posts
To each his own.

Personally, I took the entire OEM exhaust system and threw it in the trash. From front to back, I have Dynatech headers; Dynatech hi-flow cats; and a Corsa cat-back system. I'm very happy with the purchase. And I never saw any solid stainless steel exhaust system from the block to the tips on any OEM set-up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or today.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Don't Know!

Lucky for me, I live in Florida where there is no emmissions testing.

K

·
0 Posts
I have the K&N air charger and the corsa catback exhaust. I noticed a definite performance gain as well as improved sound. Have dynatech headers and hi flo cats on the way to make it even better. :reddevil :reddevil :reddevil

·
Registered
43 Posts
Magnaflow Cat Back

The Magnaflow Stainless System with 18" has been tested to give an additional 20 H.P. It comes complete with Tips. It is part #15843. A 14" is optional, but I was advised by the shop that it probably would be too loud. The system has a suggested retail of $915.00. It is all over the internet for $707.00, however, Plaza Muffler in Orange, Ca. is installing for $685.00.It is 3 in. to muffler and 2 1/2 back. That's a lot less than Corsa or Stainless Works. It seems that nobody makes headers for CA.

"Scotty"
BLURSSR

:ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :flag

·
Registered
124 Posts
Scotty you are right no short tubes yet. I saw a post a couple of weeks ago that there will be some soon. I will believe it when I see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts