Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What is the purpose of the small compartment in the back of the tonneau cover (the rear bumper end of the vehicle)?
2. Is it correct for the Maximum Defrost symbol on the Mode Knob to be brightly illuminated at all times?

·
Registered
395 Posts
defroster

I've got an 04 and the defroster position stays illuminated no matter what position the selector knob is in. If you dig through the owners manual it might be explained there.

As for the small compartment , I think that's just what it is :seeya

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Small compartment

I use mine to store my owner's manual and a couple of cleaning cloths.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
answers

kgoodwin said:
1. What is the purpose of the small compartment in the back of the tonneau cover (the rear bumper end of the vehicle)?
2. Is it correct for the Maximum Defrost symbol on the Mode Knob to be brightly illuminated at all times?
1. So -in many threads, this seems to one of the secrets of life.
2. yes

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Owners manual does not fit in glove box, hence the compartment in the tonu, most use it for whatever reason. The glove box in the SSR is by far the smallest glovebox I have ever seen in a vehicle:-(

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
SSR Secrets...

kgoodwin said:
1.) To stow away the "Official" plastic tag that reminds you to close the tonneau cover before you close the rear gate. :glol
2.) YES it adds AMBIANCE to the interior at night! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Safety Triangle Storage Compartment

1. The compartment in the tonneu lid is to store the flat, orange plastic road hazard triangels (which is a requirement if the vehicle is to be sold in Europe). You will see the same type compartment (and supplied triangles) on all Mercedes, BMW's and all other European made cars/trucks. I keep a couple in there just in case. (Who knows, they might even breed in the well padded darkness...)

2. My defrost indicator is on all the time as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I keep my owners manuel in the rear storage space. I also heard that they make a road side emergency tool kit that fits perfectly in that space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts