Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 year (from day of warranty purchase)/125,000 miles on the odometer, 0 deductible, includes wear and tear (as close to original warranty as it gets) for $1500. It is transferable to a new owner or to your next car or refunded at a prorated rate if car sold.

I though that was pretty good. I trust the company too, I have dealt with them numerous time. Anyone has a better one?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Extended Coverage

Given the uniquiness of the SSR it seems, logically, that good extended coverage might be a good idea. :angel

I bought 7 year extended GM CPP with my Typhoon and was, on too many ocasions, very happy I did. Several other owners I became aware of got coverage from third party suppliers and had NOTHING but trouble getting them to pay and to cover some of the special stuff in the Typhoon.... and then there was the situation that the provider had failed financially..... :boxing

you get what you pay for..... , albeit the General is not cheap and there may well be a reason (they know the frequency of repair?)........ CPP has good margin and you may find a dealer willing to provide it at or near cost when you buy the truck (I was fortunate and therefore bought it)...... :thumb

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys guys please do not go over board with the extended warranties. Most dealers get then=m from the same parties we can get them from except that they mark it up. This guy Wayne at warranty 4 wheels is a pretty nice guys and his company has pretty good reviews from all car forums around the Internet.

My wife's Range Rover just went over the factory warranty due to the 4 years. it has low mileage so we wanted to keep it another 3 years. No one would give a warranty to a Range Rover. the RR club recommended W4W. I got a 100K/7 year for $3100. The car had 42k on it already. So we are covered for at least 4 years. One trip to the RR dealer can cost that. So do yourself a favor and if you are in the market for one, buy it from him.

OH ya, please mention my name ( Bob the dentist) so I can get a$100 off of my next warranty with him. :jester :jester

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
extended warranty

How do we get in touch with them? I tried w4w.com and warranties4wheels.com and nothing came up. Do you have a web address or a phone number? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Url

Thanks

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes that's them.

R

·
0 Posts
Warranty Transfer

If this is the same warranty that I have (Ultimate Warranty Corp) you cannot transfer the warranty from one car / truck to the other.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wayne insured me that their warranty is transferable to a new owner, to your next car, or refundable at a pro-rated term. If you trade it in at a dealer, I'm sure it will not be transferable to the new owner but you can your money back. I did that with my PT Cruiser. I paid like $900 and after 18 months I got $600 back.

R

·
0 Posts
Warranty Transfer

I was under the same impression until I called Ultimate Warranty Corp and found it was only able to be transferred to the person buying the car / truck with the warranty and not able to transfer to another vehcile. I hate to say this but I think you're being misled! :confused

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
A near horror story

One of my co-workers bought a used Corvette. That was about 98. The vehicle was covered by an existing aftermarket warranty. The salesman tried to convence him that he couldn't transferr that warranty, and as the new owner had to buy a new one. After checking, it was found that the old warranty could be transferred for a nominal fee. Like $25. Go figure.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ron Blakesley said:
I was under the same impression until I called Ultimate Warranty Corp and found it was only able to be transferred to the person buying the car / truck with the warranty and not able to transfer to another vehcile. I hate to say this but I think you're being misled! :confused
what is this ultimate warranty group? Is this the same as what Warrant4wheels sell?

I was under the impression that W4W is a broker and does not really provide warranty. Wayne searches and finds the best company for you. Again please enlighten us.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Some helpful info 4 U

Here's a link 4 information n other things u shud know b4 buying a car or extendened warranty. It also has links 2 other sites that r helpful.[/B] http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

I hav no interest in this site nor hav I done any business with others linked 2 the site. This is posted 4 information only.

:cool

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please be aware that there are websites like these:

http://www.extended-warranty.info/autowarranty/

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm

that claim to give you good advice on warranty buying (which they do) and then go on to recommend companies. Both of the above links had different companies listed when I was buying my warranty for my Range Rover (2000). I had no choice and no one wants to warranty a Range Rover and my choices were W4W ( see above posts) and the dealer. I got a lot better deal from W4W and they were one of the recommended ones at one of the links above.

Also, the Range Rover club and their bulletin board recommended him. So even though I may get a $100 credit from w4w toward the purchase of my next warranty for any referrals (if you mention my name Bob the dentist), PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. I have no idea how good or bad they are since I have not used the warranty yet.

I am planning to use it soon though. The casing of the middle seatbelt in the backseat on my Range Rover is broken and my warranty covers wear and tear. We'll see how they treat me and I will post.

R

·
0 Posts
Ultimate Warr Corp

Ultimate is the place you call to get a repair ok'd. If anyone is going to say yah or nay it's gonna be these folks.
Yeah I heard the same story from wayne when I got my warranty.
Like I was saying earlier you can transfer the warranty to someone else if they buy the car / truck that has the warranty on it and there is some fee involved but you can't transfer from a car that has the warranty to the next car / truck that doesn't have the warranty. I tried to do this before and was shot down by the warranty folks. Clear as mud? Don't be :bs'd :nono

1 - 20 of 24 Posts