Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm a new member and have a question. Is it better to go with the extended warranty offered by the dealer or 3rd party?

Love the truck! Will post more later.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Warranty

Well it is probllay a good thing for the EX warranty because of the top and problems but,You need to find a Dealer that like has been said knows something about the SSR and trys to help the consumer us.Someone who cares about there product and will stand behind it.Not like some of the rip offs they have running the Service dept the way it looks most people won't even take them back for reg warranty because some of the problems then they make you feel like they had to pay for it.GM really needs to address the consumer problem before they have no consumer,s anyway thats another chap here lol Have a Merry Xmas. :seeya

·
Registered
413 Posts
most extended warrentys are powertrain only and would exclude top

·
Registered
186 Posts
Warranty

Thanks for the tip Dohyatt so then our top warranty etc etc is actually only good for the first 36months 36,000 miles? if so maybe i better start pulling it out of the garage more lol had a yr now have 3500 miles lol ya i know use it or loose it right. :lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
I drive mine every day What are you saving it for? The fun of owing it is driving it. Get it out and enjoy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Extended Warrantys

Thanks for the replys,

I usually don't think extended warranties are worth it too. I was considering extending it from 3-6 years and 48K. I didn't know the track record of this vehicle but because of all the gagets like the top and elec. seats etc. It might pay for itself. It cost would be 1275.
TIA,

·
Registered
413 Posts
there again check whats covered a driveline warrenty covers none of those things

·
Registered
116 Posts
Warranty

I purchased an extended warranty on my 2005 SSR, it covers the entire SSR (not just the drivetrain) with the exception of normal wear/tear (tires, brake pads, etc). I feel the same way about extended warranties as many of you do, but I can't see paying for an expensive repair while I am still making loan payments. It seems that nowadays any repair to any vehicle is $500-$1000, so the $1200 or so for the extended warranty is a worthy gamble.

·
Registered
132 Posts
warranty

I purchased an additional 2 years for the following reasons:

1- I was told or understood it to be complete coverage

2-Potential problems re the convertible roof beyond 3 years

3- Should be a benefit down the road in regards to resale

4- Was told premium could be higher at a later date, which seems to make sense

5- Told by a business mgr recently that 3rd party is generally more expensive

Frank

2004 delivered nov 24/2004

·
Registered
20 Posts
magnacharger

Does anyone have one with a magnacharger and a warranty from the dealer? Is there such a thing or does magna charger back up the work on the motor if you purchase from them? Any info would be great since I'm looking at buying both the ssr this weekend and the magnacharger.

thanks

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Just my $0.02 worth...............

I was told that the GM Master Guard (I believe that was the name of it) that I purchased from the dealer uses brand new, GM-only parts, if needed.

3rd party extended warranty companies can use aftermarket (even USED parts) if they see fit.

I wanted to keep mine ALL NEW and ALL GM!

·
Registered
41 Posts
spyder625 said:
Does anyone have one with a magnacharger and a warranty from the dealer? Is there such a thing or does magna charger back up the work on the motor if you purchase from them? Any info would be great since I'm looking at buying both the ssr this weekend and the magnacharger.

thanks

Your magnacharger is going to void a very good portion of your factory warranty. If you look at your warranty guide there is a section entitled "What is not covered". In big bold letters it says "Damage due to accident, misuse, or alteration". A magnacharger will fall under the "alteration" part, and void pretty much your entire powertrain coverage. For example if you blow up the rear end, it will not be covered, as the reason it blew apart is because it has more power going through it than intended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts