Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a little eye candy for everyone, I just got the new C6 90mm throttle body back from polishing. The throttle body is the same a the stock LS2 90mm SSR throttle body except this unit is all aluminum vice half plastic and aluminum like the stock throttle body (see comparison below pictures).

Polished LS2 90mm Corvette C6 Throttle Body

Stock SSR LS2 90mm Throttle Body

Polished LS2 90mm Corvette C6 Throttle Body Mounted

The clearance is tight with the change in throttle bodies but everything worked out great. The side by side comparison of the 2 throttle bodys shows a large built up area inside the throttle body on both sides. The C6 90mm throttle body is much smoother and should flow alot better then even the stock SSR 90mm throttle body. I am very impressed with the initial results so far, it has crisper throttle responce and better seat of the pants feel over the stock throttle body. I will be sending the stock 90mm throttle body to JimG for a test fit on his 5.3 SSR to see if we need to work out the wiring or if it will work by just plug and play. We will keep you posted!

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Looks beautiful. Goes with all that shine you already have under the hood. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Looks Great! Where can the rest of us get one & does it have the LS2 emblem on it like the GTO's throttle body?

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The emblem you see on the GTO version is just a stick on. They are all over e-bay by doing a search for LS2. I still need to finish up with the install to make sure that there are no hidden surprises with the conversion. I did have the inside polished also, even though I told myself I wasnt going to.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Inside polish makes for good laminar flow! Glad you have a sense of humor. Who did the polishing? I have a buddy in Riverbank, east of Modesto, that owns The SHINING Polishing Service.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a small business here local called San Marcos polishing. We have alot of small polishing businesses here local to me. I will still have to do some small touch ups but for the most part it turned out nice. The shop that I usually use is backed up and wanted 3 weeks to do it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
I used a small business here local called San Marcos polishing. We have alot of small polishing businesses here local to me. I will still have to do some small touch ups but for the most part it turned out nice. The shop that I usually use is backed up and wanted 3 weeks to do it.
6speed you have a 90mm throttle body, Are you using the stock injectors that come with the super charger

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Double-L - The 05-06 LS2 SSR has a 90mm throttle body from the factory. I am just changing over to the Corvette C6 LS2 Throttle Body for better looks mostly. I had the outside and inside polished before the install to match all the other polish under the hood.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
That alternator sure looks ugly now that everything else is polished.:rolleyes: I'm sure that's on the agenda...
Sounds like the Vette TB is a bolt on with no issues. Care to share the P/N with the gang??

Thanks

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Joe: You asked about the type of connector used on the 03 / 04 throttle body.

Here are two photos showing the throttle body connector used on my 04 SSR.

It was hard for me to "see" accurately the colors without disassembling the connector, but it LOOKS like this cross section (the top row corresponds to the top of the connector, and the bottom row corresponds to the bottom of the connector):

Yellow / Black with white / Brown / Black(?)

Black with blue / Purple? / Green / Gray

Jim G

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts