Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
F U GM!! I bought this car and loved it like no other. I bought into your [email protected]#$ing propaganda that you were doing everything you can to preserve the value of the SSR for the owners. I'm reading here that the a 20K drop off after a year is common. Is this what you call preserving the value for your loyal customers?

We spent $50k on a car a year ago and now it's worth $30K. I didn't buy the car as an investment but come on! I don't want to look like an idiot either. Why the hell do you upgrade a car so much after just a one year run? Don't you know what actions like that would do to the existing cars on the market?

Personally I plan to keep the car for a few more years, add a supercharger and enjoy a lot more. But I have to tell you that I will no longer buy GM cars. I had plans to buy a CTS-V and a C6 Z06(when available). Now I will just try the foreign ones. Hell with you...

PS Loving the fact that your stock price is near it's lows for the past 24 months. You deserve it. screwing your customers mean screwing yourself in the long run....

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
sheesh, Red

Why didn't you tell us how you really feel? but is the language really necessary?

You had to know going in that the SSR was going to be upgraded. They were talking about the 6.0 even before the SSR went into production - you were in on some of those threads way back when, but like most of us, wanted to be first on the block with a new toy, and knew you were paying too much at the time.

I knew going in that there would be a 6 speed 6 l in the future, but chose not to wait - no regrets - loved being first on the block with it. It was a conscious choice to give up a good deal for the priviledge of being first. No different than the first Mazda Miata, Volkswagen bug, or PT Cruiser. They all went into the tank when the initial surge was gone. Should the guys who paid a premium for the first PTs be choked with Chrysler now that the GT and the convertible are available?

What about the guys who bought a C5, or a Z06? last month - They have to know going in that their cars are going to depreciate as soon as the new toys hit the street, but that's the choice we make.

Initially, your plan was to make a profit reselling,- remember "willsellit", your prior identity?-- but that kind of went sideways, you decided to keep it, and now you're thinking GM is to blame for the mess?.

I don't think GM is the problem - I think it was the dealers holding on to SSRs, trying to gouge the consumer - then when they realize they can't sell them at a premium, it's too late, because they're piling up in dealer inventory. When that happens, there's no longer any pressure to buy - way more fun to try to grind the dealers. How many EBay deals did we see go sideways last November and December, with bids going into the mid 50s still not meeting reserve? Don't know what 17 paid for his Signature, but I remember one of the auction Signature SSRs going back on EBay, and the seller turning down an $82000 bid - bet he wishes he'd taken that one.

Just think - If the dealers had let them roll out at $42K up front, they couldn't have kept them in stock, and as they hit the street at a fair price, more customers would have been created - doesn't happen when someone asks what it's worth, and you have to tell them you paid $55K for it. - instantly loses its appeal.

I don't have a problem with the good deals being out there - the loss is really no different than any other new North American product - I was almost exactly at that number trying to trade a Duramax last month - it wasn't worth it to me, and I''ll run the truck some more.

Just enjoy having it - re read some of your old posts to remind yourself how much you enjoy your SSR, then chill a bit. It's still the greatest toy on the market.

Hope you feel better when you can get back out with the top down, and listen to that sweet sound.

Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.