Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate front plates! and have had 4 tickets over the years to prove it. In Illinois we have 2 plates and I have been removing them my whole life. Here is my simple and very easy fix for the 4 holes in the facia, after removing the plate bracket. After removing the bracket you will have 4 ugly holes. Problem is the edges are raised and rough. Locate a 3/8 drill bit, or better yet a countersink. By hand ONLY twist the bit or countersink with gentle pressure until the rough edges are shaved away. Now, you need a color sample or your truck. You can remove the gas door in less than 2 minutes. Now.... go to the biggest sign and graphic shop in town. Ask to look through the scrap vinyl pile or box. Every shop has a box or two of messed ups, and end roll pieces in hundreds of colors. You only need a piece about credit card size. Most places will give it to you for free. I actually had some perfect red on hand in my shop. Now.... cut or punch, punch is best if you have a set, 4 circles 1/2 diameter. Wipe facia really clean and perfectly apply circles! Miller time!!!!!
My retractable front plate install coming soon!

Here is a pic of the front from 2-3 feet away, and a super close up of the vinyl circle installed

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Gotta tell ya, that looks good.....real good!! :smile2:

images-17.jpeg
((What Hole?!?!!))​

I live in a 2-plate state as well and have run my R without a front plate for 7 years now without a single ticket. ((Knock on wood!)) - >:)

================
David :black:
images-9.jpeg

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
But---what did you use to attach them?

Nick

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150