Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how to post links but #4608563875 on Ebay claims to belong to CEO of ASC and has several prototype parts on it, along with special color. Just thought it was interesting and a hell of a collector if legitimate. Running boards look good.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

I think that might be the one that was on display at home coming.

·
Registered
374 Posts
REBEL said:
I think that might be the one that was on display at home coming.
Interesting. If they shipped it out primer, and it was painted by "an outside painter" then it WASN'T a factory orange paint. Actually, this doesn't make sense. Doesn't ASC ship to the plant parts already painted? If they wanted to make a prototype Orange Burst (was the dealer brochure a picture of this truck, or a photoshop?), wouldn't they send over orange parts and have the plant paint booth shoot the orange on the unpainted panels?

Interesting that integrated running boards were going to be an '07 option.

The wheels, brembo's and drilled slotted rotors.... eh, don't think those were gonna be factory options.

Still, an interesting SSR, even more so if it's an ASC vehicle.

Okay, so where's the Diamondback? Did they sell it to somebody, or is it at ASC or at GM?

·
Premium Member
31,265 Posts
Donnysan said:
Actually, this doesn't make sense. Doesn't ASC ship to the plant parts already painted?
Some parts do arrive pre-painted. All of the plastic parts are pre-painted as well as the roof assembly. All of the steel panels though are unpainted/unprimered.

As far as this being the one we saw at Homecoming, I believe it is. I have only one picture of it, but the wheels and "running boards" are identical. I never did get a picture of the display stand with the information on the vehicle. If indeed it is, it is a "factory" vehicle. The whole point was to prove that they could slip custom painted pieces into the assembly process and have all of the parts available when needed. The only thing that was not normal for the assembly process is that the bare body and panels were not painted at the craft centre.

And they did have the diamondback at Homecoming too. ASC still had it at least back then.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
its legit

I have seen this SSR at ASC multiple times and its license plate is the CEO's plate. If you are bidding on this I might warn you that is was in a little accident and has been repaired, it wasn't anything major but it had front end damage. It is sweet and definitely one of a kind color. And the Diamondback is still at ASC.

S

·
0 Posts
Wolfman,

Actually, it wasn't front damage...it was rear damage. A drunk at a cocktail party backed into fascia and scratched it. It was repainted by ASC. No real damage other than a scrape...for what its worth.:smash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts