Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have 4090 miles and will keep an eye on my buggy for more giddy-up. That may also explain why, while passing a car going from 2nd to 3rd a couple of days ago I got a chirp without trying. Was surprised.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Sounds Like a Question for Jim G.

4GUNCME, I think the color of your truck is Aqua "Blur" not "Blue" unless of course you had it re-painted. :) :) :) John317

·
Registered
487 Posts
JSounds Like a Question for Jim G[/QUOTE said:
Yes, Jim G will need to weigh in on this one. :agree

I'm at 2500 miles on my 04 and seem to have plenty of power. If what they say is true about the 4-5000 mark, that will just be an extra bonus to what's already a kick to drive. :reddevil

Jim G. When I see your post on this issue, I will get out the comfy chair, put on some slippers and heat up a nice pot of tea. I always enjoy a good read before bedtime. ;) :lol :sleep

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Premium Member
3,957 Posts
I have had an LS1 Camaro, LS6 Corvette Z06 and now the LS2 SSR and this subject has been discussed to death on all related sites. It would seem that the engines do not fully break-in till about 4-5000 miles under normal conditions. I have never seen where there is a break-in program within the computer. I also never felt a difference when the odometer went beyond this point in any of the previous cars. I think it just goes down as urban legend or bum scoop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rumor

beer100 said:
What I remember is that early on, the tranny would down shift more easily with WOT application.
yea I think it is a rumor. I have owned many many chevys and never felt a diference after any mile number oh well I will just make it have more hp with a green filter and some exaust work. :seeya :seeya

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's a legend...

I now have 13K on my '04 which I purchased new in January... no difference in either engine or transmission so far as power, accelleration, or shifting.... sorry to burst the bubble, but you'll have to add the bolt ons to get more out of it. :nodno

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.