Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 2003 SSR recently, It has the base radio, I It looks like there are no tweeters in the doors, is this normal, or did the prior owner take them out.??

·
Registered
541 Posts
Speakers

If your truck is a 1SA, that is normal. If it is a 1SB, your speakers have been taken!!

When you say base radio, I assume it is a single CD. In that case, it's 1SA and no midrange/tweeters is normal.

Diggs

·
Registered
96 Posts
The factory speakers suck, thats just the way it is. The base radio system comes with a plastic tweeter that's partly covered behind the door panel. And GM puts the other speakers behind the seat. SHEESH!! Then they want to charge you extra to buy the Bose name which is probably another poorly designed cheap system.

I'm in the middle of a complete stero upgrade. So far have installed Kenwood Flipscreen/Touchscreen DVD, Polk 6.5" component speakers, Infinity reference 4" speakers, Kenwood Powered subwoofer,Kenwood 4 channel amp, Sirius, Kenwood Music Keg. Still need to install the Navigation module, and tie up alot of loose ends. The new system sounds awesome. It has taken me 34 hours of installation time so far, and I probably have another full day ahead of me. I mounted the tweeters as a surface mount up on the door panel by the door lock. That way the highs are close to the listeners ear without getting lost to road noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts