Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
frankmp said:
.....is it actually made of fabric:confused

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-SSR-2WD-2005-CHEVROLET-SSR-6-0L-GM-EXEC-VEH-2K-17500-OFF_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ90971QQitemZ4611868143QQrdZ1

I did'nt know that. In the ad the dealer does mention it being torn. So for those that have one how durable or prone are they to ripping?

Frank

ps- interesting to see the pricing vary $5K between the "buy it now" and what's stickered on the unit (must be local sales wiggle room)...........
With normal use they are fine. That one most likely was damaged by accident. I haven't looked recently but as I recall the fabric is held in the same way the typical screen is. It should be easily replacable.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Its a screening type of material and very tough. Replaceable if neccessary. I have had the same material on ASC windscreens on several mustangs and is basically the same material used as oem for Mercedes and BMW. It works really well in smoothing and reducing the backwash of wind.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THough I like the Windsuppressr more I see a new OEM listed on E-bay. In the comments they mention:

"GM# 10395211: SSR Cockpit Wind Break 04-06 Aerodynamic wind break deflector w/ SSR Logo (2004-2006 after VIN #1GCES14P74B112074 to current)".........

is that a correct statement? If so what's different with an SSR before and after that VIN......... My 2004 has a lower VIN #, so it would'nt fit:confused

Frank

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
frankmp said:
THough I like the Windsuppressr more I see a new OEM listed on E-bay. In the comments they mention:

"GM# 10395211: SSR Cockpit Wind Break 04-06 Aerodynamic wind break deflector w/ SSR Logo (2004-2006 after VIN #1GCES14P74B112074 to current)".........

is that a correct statement? If so what's different with an SSR before and after that VIN......... My 2004 has a lower VIN #, so it would'nt fit:confused

Frank
If its lower then the vin, your bucket seat rear bumper does not have the cut outs for the windbreak to mount. They sell the same windbreak and 2 cutout bumpers for the lower models.

At least I think that's how it works.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Don't sweat it too much

If you get the incorrect part number.

Your current bumpers, should they not have cutouts, can be easily notched on a table saw.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
frankmp said:
.....is it actually made of fabric:confused

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-SSR-2WD-2005-CHEVROLET-SSR-6-0L-GM-EXEC-VEH-2K-17500-OFF_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ90971QQitemZ4611868143QQrdZ1

I did'nt know that. In the ad the dealer does mention it being torn. So for those that have one how durable or prone are they to ripping?

Frank

ps- interesting to see the pricing vary $5K between the "buy it now" and what's stickered on the unit (must be local sales wiggle room)...........
What The Hell happened to the drivers seat? :eek Was an Elephant driving this truck? Im no light weight and my seats look like new?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts