Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new owner of a new '04' yellow SSR and a new member (from So. Illinois) of this very informative forum, I would like to ask your opinions of how well the factory windscreen works. I have read some threads on the Suppressr windscreen which sounds good, but haven't found any on the factory ones. Is scratching a problem when cleaning the plastic ones? Thanks for your help!

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
tried both

I had the factory screen and the WindsupprSSR, both work great. I liked the look of the clear plexiglass over the black framed screen from Chevy. Visibility was OK, I just didn't like looking in the mirror and seeing that black screen. The factory units is a cleaner fit with the bumpers though. I kept the WindSupprSSR.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the factory screen on my 05 SSR, and I am very happy with it.
The screen works very well, is a very good fit, looks good and is easy to install and remove. I cannot offer any advice on the WindsupprSSR, other than according to the web site it dose require some modification to the car, and dose not seem to be as user friendly.
Enjoy your new ride.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
It does need 1 modification to drill the holes a little larger, and it is very user friendly. Once installed it does not even take 5 min. to take off.

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
I liked the looks of both. The GM one came with the car and is very easy to install and remove. The WindSuppressr takes a little longer to install but I think it looks better especially with the new letters that are available. You do however lose about an 1" of rear seat travel. JimO

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does the factory one take up any seat travel? I'm tall and legg room is thin now, I was leaning toward the Windsuppressor but I hait to lose much more legg room.

On another note I just uncovered mine last night and took a nice 125 mile drive in the 1st sun we have had in months- what a way to welcome Spring :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ready for our trip into Bluebonnet country!

:ssr My WindSuppreSSR came today so Kay & I installed it so we are ready for our trip on Saturday into Hood County of Texas to enjoy the blubonnets! :ssr
:leaving I'm a B.S.E.E./M.B.A. Information Systems type (retired) and Kay is a homemaker (I won't let her retire, ever!) and it was not really a problem to install, doesn't look like it would be too difficult to remove, either! :yawn

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Get some good pics of the SSR in the bluebonnets.!!
Windsuppressr, easy to install, less than 30 minutes, comes off the same way only in reverse 10 minutes Wind not messing up the hair priceless. And the user is Friendly :) ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've got the GM wind blocker and it does not reduce seat travel at all, also it's unbelieveable how good they work ! ! ! ! :thumbs

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
As I mentioned in the earlier post you lose about an inch, I'm 6'2 and would like as much leg room as possible but it's OK. Now that warmer weather is here I'm going to some experimenting with both to see how each work and the leg room availablity. I like the looks of the WindSuppreSSR the best by far!! JimO

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Leg room

Bill Scott said:
I've got the GM wind blocker and it does not reduce seat travel at all, also it's unbelieveable how good they work ! ! ! ! :thumbs
Don't know where folks are losing an inch on the Windsuppressr - I did on mine until I figured out I had it on backwards - once I turned it around I couldn't feel any difference (I'm 6')

·
Registered
371 Posts
Finally On!!!!!

I received my WinsuppreSSR on Wednesday and installed it in less than 30 minutes! What a GREAT addition to an already Great ride! I am only 5' 9" and I didn't notice any loss in leg room, or when moving the seat all the way back to exit my SSR, as I wear a Prosthesis from an old war injury.

I was in such a hurry to try it out I forgot to take photos for Ray and to post. Will do so this weekend when the sun returns! REALLY GREAT product Ray, and GREAT packaging as well! When I saw the box from UPS, I thought for sure my WindsuppreSSR was broken in half, but after opening it up, it was in perfect shape! Love the new logo too! THANKS RAY!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all of your help. I ordered the GM windscreen, today. I like the looks of both of them. I appreciate the input!

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,379 Posts
Do you guys like the "looks" of the GM wind suppressor? I've only seen one, but it had a "converted barbeque" thing goin' on I didn't like. This almost NEVER happens, but I think the aftermarket "WindsupprSSR" looks like it belongs with the SSR, the OEM part looks like an "add-on". Of-course, this is just my opinion.

Blast

(P.S. - I have no connection what-so-ever with the "WindsupprSSR", and because I actually enjoy the "wind-in-the-hair feeling, I don't own either one!).

·
Registered
97 Posts
wind suppressr

Myself, I read as many threads as I could find here, looked at the pictures I could find, and ended up buying the Windsuppressr from Ray( with the ssr logo installed). It arrived yesterday, looks great out of the box and seems very easy to install. Still wanting to install it today( if the rain would stop). If it works as well as reported here by the members who have it, I'm glad I chose the one I did ( and I'm sure my wife's hair will also :thumbs ).
But, to each his own, and this was my choice.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Ssr Insert Letters

Have had windsuppessr on "RED" for a few weeks now LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Got insert letters the other day, thanks Ray it just sets off the whole look!!!

SUPPER PRODUCT..... :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
First drive

Installed the WindsuppreSSR a week ago and wife & I drove to Atlantic City (a 2 hour drive) on Sat & back on Sunday (Went to see the Eagles in concert). Temps were in the sixties, close to 70, had the top down most of the the time. Side windows up and the wife really like it not having a her hair blown around. Very comfy at 75 mph. Down side was that I'm 6'2 and did feel having a little less leg room. Overall the wife is happy, I'm happy :thumbs
Doug :flag

·
Registered
97 Posts
installed yesterday

Easy to install? Very, took longer to remove protective covering than actually install. Then drove home from the coast, 2 hours of sun and just enough wind to enjoy. The wind suppressr looks and works great, thanks Ray, glad I got one from you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts