Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bittersweet time here in the Northeast. All winter long I couldn't wait to get my SSR out of the garage. I used to go look and it and couldn't believe it was finally in MY garage.But, the weather was awful.

The summer was great driving with the top down, especially last weekend seeing all the pretty colors. But, it is getting cold.

Soon I will be envious again of you all in Florida and California and the like, driving with the top down while we are in the garages.

But, then again we don't have hurricanes, volcanoes erupting, wild fires, or mud slides....we've got the leaves.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Beautiful Leaves

Hi Mike,

I agree with you ... it is almost time to put our SSRs to bed for the winter. I am hoping that we might get a couple more good weekends before all the leaves fall and the snow starts to blow.

I would like to see more of your fall photos... I am waiting for this weekend were we should be near 80% fall foilage here!

:seeya

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Makes me want to go for a drive. In Texas we have wildflowers not fall leaves. Very pretty. I mean very COOL pictures.:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree the driving season is getting short up here in the northeast. They are calling for lows in the 30s tonight. I put my WindsuppreSSR on over the weekend. I was able to go out cruising with the top down without a jacket heat off with temps in the low 50s. I am a glutton for punishment and figure the top can stay down through November. After that :rolleyes: ................. just keep the white stuff away :lol

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
I feel blessed after reading these posts. I just picked up my SSR in Buffalo and drove it back to Florida. The mountain ride was just beautiful. All the leaves were in full fall colors. I got to see the beauty of Mother Nature and now I don't have to stow my car for the winter. The weather is great for top-down driving all year long here. My only regret is that I forgot to pack the camera. :banghead

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Beautiful season!

dingbat said:
I feel blessed after reading these posts. I just picked up my SSR in Buffalo and drove it back to Florida. The mountain ride was just beautiful. All the leaves were in full fall colors. I got to see the beauty of Mother Nature and now I don't have to stow my car for the winter. The weather is great for top-down driving all year long here. My only regret is that I forgot to pack the camera. :banghead
Hey Mike,

You have to tell us all here about your experience buying in Buffalo area and your drive home. Did you encounter any SSRs along the way etc etc???
:)

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
The whole trip was a wonderful experience. The flight up was great. The patches worked great on my motion sickness problem. Landed on time. The salesman was waiting for me at the airport. About 2 hours later I was on the road heading home.
The drive through the mountains of PA, WV, and VA was awesome. Florida highways are flat and straight. It took a little getting used to the winding up and down roads. Its been a lot of years since I did any "mountain driving". The elevation change even caused ear popping. I'm from NY originally and remember this time of year with all the colors. This must have been the peak time for this year because the colors were outrageous!
I took it slow for breaking in the car and getting the feel of it so most of the other cars were passing me. Got a lot of looks. I was watching the northbound lane when I could and did not see any other SSR's. The mileage rating for highway is 19mpg according to the sticker. I wound up getting around 22mpg for the trip.

The trip was great and I would do it again. The next time I would try to remember the camera.
I ran into a friend today and we got to talking. He just picked up his black 05 on saturday. So that makes two in this county that I know of for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Great Smokies

The wife and I rode the Harley down for a week in a great cabin in Gatlinburg, TN. We were there last week and just got back yesterday.

A couple of pictures.

The view from our cabin.

A couple shots from one of our rides.

We could see changes in the leaves from the first day to the last (a period of 7 days). It was colder than we thought it would be, too.

One last picture - The Welcoming Committee for the cabin. He ran up as soon as we got there. I finally got a picture of him on last Thursday.

Diggs

P.S. To keep this somewhat an SSR thread, we did see a black one up at Clingman's Dome. Too bad they were running with the top up...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Gorgeous shots! I love seeing this country! I hope to go as far as I can with this truck. I wish I could quit work and just drive all over the country! Three years until I retire and then that can happen for real! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Diggs: Great photo's and that sure is a nice Honda! Wonderful country... My wife and I bought our SSR in Terre Haute, Indiana. Flew back and drove it back to Sacramento.... Went down through Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico,Arizona, Nevada and home... That was in September so we saw some beautiful scenery most of the way home... Loved Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas & most of Oklahoma... It was a great trip and I would love to do it again tomorrow....! Of course we didn't ride a Honda, we rode our Slingshot!! Ha!

Rainwater

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rainwater said:
Hey Diggs: Great photo's and that sure is a nice Honda! ... Of course we didn't ride a Honda, we rode our Slingshot!! Ha!

Rainwater
I really hope you are just yanking my chain. HA HA. I rode Honda's for many years, but I finally moved up in the world, then I got the Harley.

Diggs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts