My 2005 radiator fan has blown 2 fuses
We did have a loose cable at the battery found after jump starting
After loose cable tightened found 1st blown fuse
Replaced it &/it blew again
Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Don
Don,

Welcome to the forum...someone will be along shortly to answer your question.
You may want to update some information about yourself using the "User CP" at the top right and let other members know where you live and some information about your SSR (Year and Transmission as a minimum)...so others in your area can help if needed. @Mike in AZ is the expert on fans. Hopefully he will see that I have mentioned him, so he can chime in.

Good Luck and again welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One possibility is that it is jammed with small rocks or other debris. Mine was once. I pulled it off, tapped it on the garage floor repeatedly and a lot of stuff fell out, and it worked fine after that. It could also be a bare wire short or a shorted motor, but the free rock check is worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Is it the 60 Amp fuse #37?
When did the fuse blow?
There is a TSB for a blown fuse #37 after improper jump starting procedures. #06-06-02-004.
I cannot provide any more details as I am on my cell phone. You might be able to search this tsb #.

It is also very likely a bad fan.

Let us know what fuse and when it blew for more assistance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is the 60 amp fuse #37
I believe it was working before I had to have it jump started
It it possibly a relay?
Thanks for the info, I’ll look up that TBS #
Hope it’s not the fan! $$
It has less than 10K miles
Don

·
High Plains Roadster
222 Posts
This may be a really dumb question but I have never noticed my fan running.

The engine does not overheat - I keep watch on the temp gauge and it stops steady below the 210 mark at about 190. The prior owner replaced the fan with an OEM fan at 20k miles and it has 38k now.

Should I expect to hear it or is it too quiet over the pipes?

In the next few months I plan to replace it with a Simple Engineering fan but I can't do that for a while. That should solve it for good but in the meantime......?

·
Spirited driver!
1,408 Posts
KJA - try running it with hood open and the A/C on for a bit. It is not a loud fan but you will hear/see it.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,886 Posts
There have been several posts in the past from Mike where the wires actually plug in for the fan are fried. Might want to check that connection. Just an idea. You could also call Mike directly and talk to him about your situation. He is very knowledgeable in the fan, electrics, cooling area among other items. He has the answers and the parts usually. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts