Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

The next install of the monthly PDX Meet & Greet Brunch will be held on Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:00 AM, at Mothers Bistro, 121 SW 3rd St, Portland, OR 97204, (503) 464-1122. Please find the breakfast menu here.

:party :party :party :party :party

After eating, we plan to visit the Lan Su Chinese Garden, 239 NW Everett St, Portland, OR, for their celebration of the Chinese New Year which will feature a Lion Dance performance at 1:00 PM. We need to know how many will attend in order to purchase the tickets in advance as it is likely to sell out. Tickets (+ service fee) are $10.45 each.

We hope to see everyone there!

Thanks,
David & Nicolette

Attendees:
David & Nicolette :blur:
Tony & Cindy :yellow:
Gary & Pat :blue:
Bill & Wende :ssr
Ernie & Anna :black:
Art & Stephanie :yellow:
Heather & Brian :ssr

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like fun, we will be there with two for brunch and a third for the chinese gardens/lion dance if that is ok. This is our first even since "Winston" the SSR entered our lives. Looking foward to meeting you all. Also how do we go about paying for the lion dance?

ADD:

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like fun, we will be there with two for brunch and a third for the chinese gardens/lion dance if that is ok. This is our first even since "Winston" the SSR entered our lives. Looking foward to meeting you all. Also how do we go about paying for the lion dance?

ADD:
Welcome! You can just pay me back for the tickets during brunch at Mother's. I will PM my contact info to you.

It will be good to add another :ssr to the group and wonderful to meet you all as well! :seeya

David :blur:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The snow, #@#[email protected]#$ it

The weather and roads up here (we are north of Seattle) are horrible. We are not going to risk taking Winston out on these icy roads so we are not going to be able to make this meeting. Let me know how much and how to get the funds to you for the tickets. Hopefully the roads and weather are better down that way and you all have fun.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The weather and roads up here (we are north of Seattle) are horrible. We are not going to risk taking Winston out on these icy roads so we are not going to be able to make this meeting. Let me know how much and how to get the funds to you for the tickets. Hopefully the roads and weather are better down that way and you all have fun.
I sent you a PM, but then I noticed this is only your 2nd post. Are you able to read PMs?

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am always skeptical of the long range weather forecast. However, two days out, I try to pay attention. It does not look good for this weekend. There is a winter storm watch for today and tomorrow from Seattle to Portland. I just don't feel comfortable asking people to venture out in these conditions. So, I am cancelling this weekend's brunch.

The tickets that I have purchased for the Chinese Garden are not date specific. Although we will not be able to see the Chinese New Year Celebration and Lion Dance, we can still visit the Lan Su Garden in more hospitable times.

I will reschedule this brunch when the hazardous weather conditions permit. Right now, next weekend is forecast to be just as treacherous as this weekend. In my experience, there is a week in February, that I like to call 'False Spring', where the weather warms up into the 50's with bright sunshine. I look forward to that week!

:party :party :party :party :party

Take care out there and stay warm! :seeya

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent you a PM, but then I noticed this is only your 2nd post. Are you able to read PMs?

Hi Brian,

Now it's coming back to me. As a non-paying member, you can read but not respond to PMs. You have my contact information now, so feel free to contact me with any questions. Just keep an eye out for events here and on the Facebook page. Oh, and welcome to the PDX SSR Fanatics, I approved your request this morning!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,
The snow up here was worse, but not as bad as they said. We dared to take Winston out for a beauty shot. He was not happy about it and would not climb the curb to get back in the garage. Kept telling me "traction active"and sliding his butt to the left. Of course my xterra sits on the left side of the drive way. He could not slide right where there is nothing to hit, had to be left. Twenty minutes later I had to push the SSr while the wife drove to even get it to move 20 feet up the drive way... Seems these things are not winter cars.

Can not post the pictures here.. check the facebook page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts