Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just spoke with Debbie (Hotrodgirl) and the local news in Lansing Michigan interviewed several of the fanatics that were there to say "Thank You" to the Lansing Craft Centre and ASC. The clip is due to air at 5:30 today on WILX (Channel 10).:flag

I do not have the ability to capture this broadcast from Phoenix and do not have access to their web site to download a copy. Debbie is not able to access either, as she is in transit, in bad weather, headed for her dad's house.:angel

Will someone please take this as their own action to record the program for all of us and follow up with Fox47 to obtain an official copy.:flag

Thanks for the help,

Mike

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Must have just missed them!! We left to go to the airport and they weren't anywhere to be seen. Bummer!! I hope somone is able to record it!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fanatics on TV

We were told tha the Video clips would be avaiable after air at http://www.wilx.com/

No Video yet but we did get this write up.

SSR Fanatics
Dan Ponce

They're fanatics and proud of it.

Thursday many owners of the Chevy SSR got a chance to visit the birthplace of their rides before production stops.

The last SSR will roll off the line at the Lansing Craft Centre in about two weeks.

Cold weather and snow couldn't stop Chris Bellis from showing off his most prized possession with the top down.

"It gets more looks than the Corvette," he said.

Bellis drove his SSR 650 miles all the way from Pennsylvania to join a group of people called the "SSR Fanatics," a club that's not just for guys.

"Guys fall in love with cars, I could never understand," said member Debbie Cook, "but after driving the SSR I understand now."

The SSR Fanatics are 3000 members strong. They live all over the country and they describe themselves as one big family.

"Our love for this car brought us together," said Sandy Bigman, in town from California.

The group also toured the ASC plant, which makes parts for the SSR.

The last SSR rolls of the assembly line March 17.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
THIS IS ALL I FOUND...........

SSR Fanatics
Dan Ponce

http://www.fox47news.com/news/news_new.htm

They're fanatics and proud of it.

Thursday many owners of the Chevy SSR got a chance to visit the birthplace of their rides before production stops.

The last SSR will roll off the line at the Lansing Craft Centre in about two weeks.

Cold weather and snow couldn't stop Chris Bellis from showing off his most prized possession with the top down.

"It gets more looks than the Corvette," he said.

Bellis drove his SSR 650 miles all the way from Pennsylvania to join a group of people called the "SSR Fanatics," a club that's not just for guys.

"Guys fall in love with cars, I could never understand," said member Debbie Cook, "but after driving the SSR I understand now."

The SSR Fanatics are 3000 members strong. They live all over the country and they describe themselves as one big family.

"Our love for this car brought us together," said Sandy Bigman, in town from California.

The group also toured the ASC plant, which makes parts for the SSR.

The last SSR rolls of the assembly line March 17.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Video

While I was bowing tonight. My boss called me and said he has a copy of the Lansing Media Video. He said "I did realy well and he was proud of me." He was so excited to see me on TV. He has satalite TV and was able to pick up the full interview. He not only made me one copy but two of the full interview. I won't get the copies until Monday. I will be at my husbands company tomorrow. I let you know as soon as I can on how the interview went.

Deb

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Fox News

I spoke with Dan at channel 10 today. Unfortunatley we will not be able to view the interview on-line. He said the only way is to contact Fox and ask for the video taping (at a fee). This would only be available in VHS.

My boss did a VHS recording for me. Does anyone know how to incorporate it so it can be viewed on-line? I would be willing to mail a copy to anyone that can do this.

Dan at channel 10 said "the piece was great and the donuts that Devastator did was very cool".

I want so badly for all of you to see it!

Need feedback.....

Deb

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Contact for Video

I am in the process of trying to obtain the media transcript from Fox TV.
Left a message with FDCH (where I was directed to) to find out cost and the process of ordering the Media clip.

I will keep you posted.

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Dvd

Don't forget that LCC is making a dvd for all their employees, It would be neat to get a copy of that ! They were still filming me after the donuts , pulled out of the parking lot sliding sidways, into a 90 degree turn facing the camera crew , I put my arms up in the air above the windshield and did a " WWOOOOOO" !:jester

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Convert VHS to DVD Format

hotrodgirl said:
I spoke with Dan at channel 10 today. Unfortunatley we will not be able to view the interview on-line. He said the only way is to contact Fox and ask for the video taping (at a fee). This would only be available in VHS.

My boss did a VHS recording for me. Does anyone know how to incorporate it so it can be viewed on-line? I would be willing to mail a copy to anyone that can do this.

Dan at channel 10 said "the piece was great and the donuts that Devastator did was very cool".

I want so badly for all of you to see it!

Need feedback.....

Deb
Deb, I'll be happy to do the conversion for you.....

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Video Convertion

Dan (parothed97) and I have been in communication with each other. Dan will be converting the VHS tape into DVD format for us. I will be mailing him the VHS tape on Monday.

kwhopper89 PM'd me with information on how to upload it for all of you to see.
Keith also offered to convert it for us.

I will need the help of both of you in order for the Fanatic members to view the Interview.

Thank you to both for stepping forward and taking on this task.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yes, Thank you all. I can't wait to see it. I read the article and kept watching for the video, but of course it never showed up.:seeya

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Video In Hand

My Boss brought me in the video taping of the Interview. I will be watching it later tonight and give you feedback on what I thought. The video will then be shipped out for Digital Formating by one of our SSR Fanatic Members. Trying to turn this around quickly so all can view it. :)

Deb

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Viewed The Interview

I had a chance to view the interview......

This is how it starts out
(A picture of an SSR in background)

You know your a loyal customer when the guys who made you car invite you to check out where it was born.

Then Devastator doing donuts in the ASC parking lot

Interviews in order......

Devastator
HotRodGirl
wwoody
hot-rod
bigmanorth1

The SSR Fanatics are 3,000 members strong from all over the country and describes themselves as one big family.

The SSR Fanatics toured the LCC & ASC Facilites today to say "Thanks" to the people who designed and bulit the vehicle they love.... a vehicle that won't be built anymore.

Ending with Devastators SSR doing donuts again.

Total interview approx. 2 minutes.

The tape is a little fuzzy. My boss said he had a hard time trying to get the Lansing channel in.

Very nice interview :thumbs we showed a stong love for the SSR along with the people who were involved in the building of it.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Viewed The Interview

I had a chance to view the interview......

This is how it starts out
(A picture of an SSR in background)

You know your a loyal customer when the guys who made you car invite you to check out where it was born.

Then Devastator doing donuts in the ASC parking lot

Interviews in order......

Devastator
HotRodGirl
wwoody
hot-rod
bigmanorth1

The SSR Fanatics are 3,000 members strong from all over the country and describes themselves as one big family.

The SSR Fanatics toured the LCC & ASC Facilites today to say "Thanks" to the people who designed and bulit the vehicle they love.... a vehicle that won't be built anymore.

Ending with Devastators SSR doing donuts again.

Total interview approx. 2 minutes.

The tape is a little fuzzy. My boss said he had a hard time trying to get the Lansing channel in.

Very nice interview :thumbs we showed a stong love for the SSR along with the people who were involved in the building of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts