Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 seems to have a dead spot when I go to start off from a idle, with air on.
Looks like it may be turning around 475 to 525 RPMs.
If I give it a little more gas when stoped, bringing the RPMs to about 550 or 600,
it does not seem to have the dead spot.
Also if I'm running (coasting) say about 30 MPH and mash the gas to the floor,
to blow around someone, I see it also.
If its in a pull at 30 (RPMs up a little), mash the gas and I'm gone!
I think I need to idle the motor up a little.
Took the cover off the top of the motor but don't see anything to turn on, all
this stuff looks different from my carb days.
What do I turn to idle it up and where is it, and what does it look like?
Thanks
Eddie

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Piddler: There is no mechanical throttle to adjust on an SSR. It is electronic.

The only way to adjust the idle up is with a mcrotuner or tuning software, and I'm frankly not sure that the microtuners build that capability in to thir software. The tuning software defintiely will do the job.

However, I would be instead tryng to find out why you have a problem at the normal 500 rpm idle (That is where it is supposed to be). Something else is wrong, and you should take it to a Chevy dealer if you are still under warranty, as that behavior is not normal for the SSR.

Jim G

·
Registered
501 Posts
trottle lag

Hey Piddle,
My 03 was a pig when I first got it.Throttle response was terrible at low end.It just wasn't that exciting to drive,then,I made some mods.
I don't know why Chevt set the idle so low but I corrected that with the Crane micro tuner.I allows you to raise or lower the idle by 50 rpm increments.This made a big difference,especially in a low idle turn where the slack is present in the propeller shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts