Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
BlueStreak
26,586 Posts
There have been any number of threads about which color is the fastest. The winner of today’s Indy 500 proved that yellow is indeed the fastest.
Maybe in INDY CARS, but look at the crew it takes to get it through 500 miles :nep::nep:

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
hmmmmmmmm...I notice there is also some Black on that Winner... But....I have figured out what the Fastest would be...Any R going over a straight drop cliff, would fall at the same rate of Speed...All Equal, color not figured in. lol

·
BlueStreak
26,586 Posts
hmmmmmmmm...I notice there is also some Black on that Winner... But....I have figured out what the Fastest would be...Any R going over a straight drop cliff, would fall at the same rate of Speed...All Equal, color not figured in. lol
But terminal velocity is slower than powered velocity. My :blue: has gone faster than 120 MPH. That is not a valid arguement.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
But terminal velocity is slower than powered velocity. My :blue: has gone faster than 120 MPH. That is not a valid arguement.
You also forgot to factor in that the color yellow is lighter and therefore it is faster because it has less friction and can slip through the air and stratus sphere at much faster speeds then any other color in the rainbow or spectrum. All these facts can be verified by checking with Al Gore who invented the internet. So this must be true.

·
BlueStreak
26,586 Posts
You also forgot to factor in that the color yellow is lighter and therefore it is faster because it has less friction and can slip through the air and stratus sphere at much faster speeds then any other color in the rainbow or spectrum. All these facts can be verified by checking with Al Gore who invented the internet. So this must be true.
:smile2::smile2: But yellow is in the middle of the spectrum so, by definition it's speed is between red and blue.:surprise:

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,376 Posts
120 is good BUT Linda & I broke 135mph on Talladega Superspeedway last Memorial weekend, with Vets4Vets.

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
120 is good BUT Linda & I broke 135mph on Talladega Superspeedway last Memorial weekend, with Vets4Vets.
Beat both of them on the highway*.

*Driven by a trained professional, on a closed course, do not try this at home.
(in case the cops are reading) ;)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
The Ultra Violet...may not be Mach one fast...but it's the only SSR that can blind you when the sun rays reflect off the body...please wear eye protection when admiring these SSR's...disclaimer..not responsible for blindness...:purple::wink2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
Chevrolet only made the SSR in TWO colors. Black and others.

Jack
I agree until you live on a dirt road and have to clean it after you clean it. Give me a light color please. Always looks clean where a black car needs cleaning right after you clean it. I do admit I love the looks of a black one in a climate controlled shop right after that detail is done. Had many black vehicles in my 75 years and struggled with cleaning and swirls for most of those years. To each his or her own.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
cry.cry, cry, Yellow SSR owners are really In a class of their own.You talk about speed In a Yellow SSR. A Yellow SSR will get to their destination before they even realize they left ?????????????????

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
24 Participants
FUZZY
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing