Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what happened to the "fastest" SSR? From what I remember I thought he was planning on running a few seasons but all I could find was one test run from late last year. I also thought that the family had bought one or two exclusive SSR's as drivers as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
Mark also has the BlackBird, built by ASC and the SoCal 13, ASC/SoCal cooperative venture.
SSR_1.jpg SSR%20Sept%2014%20039[1].jpg

The last I spoke with him (over a year ago) he had some venues in mind for this past spring but it doesn't seem to have happened. Like many, at the time his priortiy was concentrating on keeping his business afloat.

·
Registered
28,760 Posts
Thanks Cash. Looks nice.

Yep, had a 76' Trans Am with a white interior, never again, lesson learned
Not only a clean factor......if you drive in the sunlight there is one heck of a reflection in the window. I wanted to do white on a "73 Chevy Stepside years ago but lucky for me the upholstry guy talked me out of it.
It looks more like a beige color rather then white. Like what on the outside.

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
I've never seen it in person, so from the pictures I thought the outside was white.
The SoCal Push Truck was red and white but the SoCal 13 has also been referred to as the Tangerine & Cream.
It is an off white/ivory or cream and I see the interior also being the same.

·
Clutch Killer
6,802 Posts
:yellow:

annie, was that when you decided to go at the wall rather than down the strip ! :glol

tony

That was Mrs. Crosscheckfreak.... :bwekk:

Anne you got whooped by a garden tractor toooooooooooooooo.

:glol I sure did! That ol' guy in the overall's was funny! What a blast that day was... I hope whomever does the next National Run recreates that adventure!

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Are there any more videos of the Fastest SSR, can someone post them. Would love to see this SSR at the track.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts