Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
LKMURKY
477 Posts
Right you are Bruce.
When I was shopping a year and a half ago. Reds were all higher mileage vehicles, about $2000 higher than the rest. There were a number of Purples available, on average $1500-$5000 below. I'd have bought a Purple one just for the $$$ difference, my daughter would not hear of it. If I'd been smarter, I'd have listened to the fanatics and bought a Fanatic pre-loved vehicle.
Decided I wanted the lowest mileage cleanest vehicle I could afford, Bought a Slingshot Yellow one. I can't stand yellow in anything else but my R, but I knew it was right for me my first time I laid eyes on it. I'd driven Red and Black, I really liked the Reds, but the Yellow just made me forget I ever wanted a red one. (Maybe Mr Bill's :ssr truck it's special)
I spent the next year spending about $4K additional on parts and add-ons that I swore I'd never buy or be interested in. Would have been much simpler to have added $4K to my initial purchase and bought one that had a spare tire kit, and a windjammer and chrome wheels and every one of Mike Moro's Excellent add-ons that we all come to see as necessities.
I think the biggest decision is whether you want the Chrome package or not. It is a heck of a lot cheaper to buy one with the chrome package from the factory that it is to put it together a piece at a time as add-ons. Chrome or not, buy the best lowest mileage car you can afford, you will never regret it.
Cary
LKMURKY
Loving my 04 :yellow:

Numerous studies have shown red to bring a higher price on the used car market, but that's with Chevys and Toyotas, where there's an infinite number to choose from.

They also discovered red cars draw more tickets, induces more road rage in other drivers, and have more accidents.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking at the SSR's for sale and trying to figure out what is the best color option for resale?
I noticed that some colors SSR are priced more than others.
Just curious to what is driving the resale market.

So, what's your favorite color???
Thanks
:yellow::ssr:silver::black::purple::blue::blur:
yellow

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts
Rarest color, other than tu-tones, is Pac Blue!!!

Reactions: HUAW and Guzzi Guy

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,840 Posts
Yep, I had to go back and Edit a bit. Really wish I had held onto our Pac FPR, although I did get about the same back in 2009 as they are going for today.(my mileage would have been lower still)
Glad to hear our FPR pac blue May hold /go up in value.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
2,131 Posts
Without question, everyone wants to be a BLUES BROTHER OR SISTER
Price a Pacific Blue 3SS and all questions are answered!!
For that matter, any Pacific Blue!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,034 Posts
Without question, everyone wants to be a BLUES BROTHER OR SISTER
Price a Pacific Blue 3SS and all questions are answered!!
For that matter, any Pacific Blue!! :cool:
Thats a FACT JACK! I mean Mike! 😂

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Reds and silvers are what trips my trigger. Gotta love resale red and silver bullets! Followed up by black and the blues. Yellow and purple are Ok but you wouldn't find one in my garage. Now if Chevy had made a white one I'd be all over it like flies on you know what.

·
Premium Member
2004 Smokin Asphalt
752 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking at the SSR's for sale and trying to figure out what is the best color option for resale?
I noticed that some colors SSR are priced more than others.
Just curious to what is driving the resale market.

So, what's your favorite color???
Thanks
:yellow::ssr:silver::black::purple::blue::blur:
Smokin Asphalt, other colors are just pretty..lol <ducking>

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned a 05 yellow SSR and enjoyed the ride. When problems started they where big and complicated. ABS failure, grounding issues, erratic gage behavior, hydraulic issues with the top...all expensive repairs. That being said it held it's value like no other I've owned. It was garage kept, never in an accident, and my favorite sports vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,521 Posts
The Michael Bay hauler commercial is what hooked me on the SSR, so Slingshot will always be my favorite color. At the time, I knew that I would never own one because of the price, but if one ever became available at a realistic price, I'd gladly accept any color. Thankfully, Ilsa showed up in Slingshot.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts