Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new fanatic ( two months ) I feel a little strange welcoming other new members/ owners.
I am learning more about both my specific R ( the Beast) and the trucks in general.
I feel very VERY fortunate to have found the SCSSR that I did .
An 04 with 24k , a supercharger & 4:56’s , shipped to my door for under 25 Grand .

Ive had to do a couple minor things and there definitely More Simple engineering things to do’s on the list , but all in all I’ve been happy with it , and as important if not more important…….
My wife likes it more then my previous “hot rods “
A V8 Vega , a V8 S10 and a 95 z28 Convertible that was WAY to low .

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,345 Posts
Just remember we were all newbies once upon a time. Something great about these trucks is they come with friends you just haven't met yet and strangers who will become friends. Enjoy the ride. My wife like cars but most of my other hotrods she wants no part of. She does like the SSRs.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Ive had to do a couple minor things and there definitely More Simple engineering things to do’s on the list , but all in all I’ve been happy with it , and as important if not more important…….
I had a 71 Vegas station wagon with a 283 and 4 spd Muncie, it was a hoot. I still have a 1985 5 spd, 2WD S10 that I bought new. In 1991 I dropped a 305 in it. It now has 414k miles on it. A 350 under the hood and a world class T5. Its been off the road for almost two years, hard brake lines started blowing out. Got it back on the road a month ago. New exhaust installed along with new tires. I must admit, it's as fun to drive as my 3 pedal 06 SSR.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Registered
2005 SSR, Silver with chrome wheels.
80 Posts
As a new fanatic ( two months ) I feel a little strange welcoming other new members/ owners.
I am learning more about both my specific R ( the Beast) and the trucks in general.
An 04 with 24k , a supercharger & 4:56’s , shipped to my door for under 25 Grand .

I also am a new member, and my wife also loves my truck more than any other Street Rod I have owned. But, I think she loves that this is a Convertible as well as a Truck. And when we go for a ride with the top down, she tells me it reminds her of when I courted her in my 1964 Corvette Convertible. And when we married (50 years ago) she asked to get her own key to "my" Corvette. I quickly told her, "Nobody drives my Corvette, but me". So, she said we must get her, her own Corvette. So, we bought a mint 1965 dark green coupe Corvette with off-road exhaust. Life was good, a young married couple with two Corvettes. Then kids came along, and life has been down hill ever since.

Street Rod Andy

·
Registered
2004 acquired used in 2016 at 65k miles. 2021 added SS headers, ported heads, LS9 Cam, SE GM rad
259 Posts
newbie or not...youre a FAN! and lets face it, we lose fans who sell for various reasons or changes of life all the time. But we who remain must communicate to keep this awesome forum and brotherhood alive! :cool:(y)

·
Registered
2005 Ricochet Silver over Smokin Asphalt
151 Posts

Your Vega brings back memories. Several of them are not good. Mine was not a V8 hot rod. It was stock and had most of the problems that the aluminum block motors had. Still, it was a fun cool little car. And, as you already know, your wife has excellent tastes in liking the SSR over the prior rides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts