Chevy SSR Forum banner

Would you like to purchase Fender Protectors?

• Both Front & Rear

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Front Only

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Rear Only

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Not interested

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Not interested due to costs

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Might be interested in the future

Votes: 10 17.2%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SUBJECT: FRONT & REAR MUTILATION PROTECTIVE COVERS FOR GM's CHEVY SUPER SPORT TRUCK. (SSR)

You asked for it and now we may have a chance to order the "original" factory SSR Fender Protectors directly from the vendor that supplies the GM's Lansing Craft Centre with theirs.

There is only one catch.... there has to be a minimum order for the supplier to be able to make them cost effective for him to produce. The reason... the supplier has to order a "minimum" quantity of raw materials from his supplier to be able to make this special run.

Here is what we need to have in order for the supplier to make them up.

• 60-Pairs minimum production run
  • 30-Pairs Front Fender Protectors @ $390.00 Pair
  • 30-Pairs Rear Quarter Protectors @ $395.00 Pair
  • or We can purchase 50-Pairs of either Fronts or Rears

Please post a reply in this thread if you are interested in either front and rear or perhaps only the front. Remember that they are large in size and are designed to for strong and full protection because of their heavy usage as what is required by the assembly plants.

*Remember, if we don't have enough owners interested in buying the fender protectors the supplier will not be able to make them.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
fender protectors

Would it be possible to see a photo of the installed product? Thanks

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
:thumbs Ditto on the photo. :thumbs
I was not at LCC for the Homecoming and would like to see what I am about to spend $400 - $800 on.......... :eek :eek

:angel I have promised to get prior approval on expenditures over $300. :angel

I will reserve polling until after I see a picture or two......

Standing By,

Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
Their Ugly as Sin and Very Clumsy and Very Costly, Other than that their just fine!!!!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Only Trying to help out...

Zorro said:
Their Ugly as Sin and Very Clumsy and Very Costly, Other than that their just fine!!!!
Well I never said they were pretty! :lol

FYI: Some of our members that had seen those in the LCC plant asked me if they could get some. I followed through by contacting the plant and they in turn were kind enough to lead me to their vendor. (Just trying to be a helpful Moderator) :angel

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Are they to be use when putting things in the bed and working under the hood? If so that seems like a lot of hassle That's Just Me! MarcNY You are a very helpful moderator. :angel

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
An old quilt will work just as well, and might even look better :lol
For that kind of money you could scratch the fender up and pay to have it repainted and not not have the worry about where to store them.

T

·
0 Posts
Go for it! They will sell as well as The 100,000 projected HHR and the Poor sales of the SSR with its many problems! Great thinking on GM's part as they go down the tubes. They have to be BRAIN DEAD!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Personal Thanks

My personal thanks for your effort..... on a lighter note...they look like armor plating for a war zone....wont need em for where I will be headed anytime soon

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
OH My!!

I too want to think your for bringing this to the forum, but Betsy is just too pretty to wear anything like that... It's like putting saddle oxfords on Barbie :lol

·
180 Posts
Appreciate the effort

Tyler said:
Go for it! They will sell as well as The 100,000 projected HHR and the Poor sales of the SSR with its many problems! Great thinking on GM's part as they go down the tubes. They have to be BRAIN DEAD!
Actually, they only have to sell 99,999--I got an HHR 2 weeks ago. Great little vehicle for daily driving, hauling surfboards (on the inside), easy on gas with a nice peppy smooth ride!

I know for a fact that when someone says "I'll check into that" they rarely do. Marc went out of his way to find out if these fender protectors could be obtained because some of us expressed an interest, that's all. You may not want 'em, but you have to appreciate the effort! :thumbs

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
If you have a shop and are constantly working on SSRs then the protectors would be a worthwhile investment. I cant see the average owner spending that much time under the hood to make the purchase worthwhile. But then again there are some of you non average owners that might.
It was great that Marc went through the trouble to get the info. :thumbs

How about "Midnight Auto Supply" across the street from the Lansing Center????? :lol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you

Even though I knew most of our members probably would not want to purchase the protectors I still believed that making the attempt to find out if we could get them made up was well worth the endeavor. My friends and contacts at the LCC plant have always gone to great lengths to help me out. Ashley was the one who dug up the name and phone number of that vendor for me.

Everyone at the Lansing Craft Centre has always bent over backwards to help me out and our members when they can. Even though I knew that the fender protectors would be a very costly and bulky item, I still wanted to find out if they could be made up.

Some vendors won’t even attempt to make up such a small number of items for a non GM contract.

I want to thank the vendor and the Lansing Craft Centre employees for once again helping me out with this wished-for project. Thank you members for your kind words and support of me as well.

PS GM and their people do care and I take offense to those comments of GM being brain dead! :mad

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
Thanks Marc

Although it appears that most of us would not be interested in procuring the covers, as they ARE expensive and bulky, your efforts are noteworthy. Acting as an agent in this type of acquisition process is never as simple as it seems.

I was offended by the "braindead" comment too :mad .... let it go.

Nice work on the research. :thumbs

Mike

T

·
0 Posts
mikem-2005 said:
Although it appears that most of us would not be interested in procuring the covers, as they ARE expensive and bulky, your efforts are noteworthy. Acting as an agent in this type of acquisition process is never as simple as it seems.

I was offended by the "braindead" comment too :mad .... let it go.

Nice work on the research. :thumbs

Mike
Why do they make S--ty cars like these When paint does not match and when the drive shaft was replaced in the GM tech callled said it still does the same thing they told him it was something else was causing it :lol :lol :lol Their days are numbered because of ther stupidity compared to most no american manufactures. Thank god for matches like the other guy did. Right 50,000 To 25,000 give me a break. :lol :lol

·
Banned
59 Posts
Tyler said:
Why do they make S--ty cars like these When paint does not match and when the drive shaft was replaced in the GM tech callled said it still does the same thing they told him it was something else was causing it :lol :lol :lol Their days are numbered because of ther stupidity compared to most no american manufactures. Thank god for matches like the other guy did. Right 50,000 To 25,000 give me a break. :lol :lol
:agree Only car I have ever got as a lemond AND LEMOND LAYED IT COOL with only 135 miles on it ended up costing me 25,00 paid $32,00 - settelement $7,000. Nice to look AT Its an american made car NEVER NEVER HAD THIS WITH MY FORGIN CARS> SO LAST GM THE Z06 LEAkED WATER THE DAyY I bought it and the wheel weight were on the outside of the rims on a $55,000 car GM STINKS to say it nicely They WILL HAVE THEIR DAY JUST LIKE EVERY DOG DOES. LAYING OFF 25,000 It is the beging of the end for them. Every buddy else is rebating Proft from red to black to red. Boy look out next fall for some great buys from these BRAINACTS :lol :lol :lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts