Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,965 Posts
Thought this might have been a grooup of Fanatics at first (based on the value in the headline) We travel in Bigger numbers. :glol
Saw this on the News this morning and all I can say is: I am glad we travel in an ordely caravan when in large numbers, and NEVER (well, hardly ever) speed.
It is a shame to see so many expensive toys in such a state.

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there insurance is like ours the guy in the rear that hit the guy in front would be charged with recless driving/undue care and attention
Because he was breaking the law he would not get his coverage paid.
The guy that got hit would be charged with undue care and attention he should have seen the guy comming and got out of his way.

No one wins.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,965 Posts
If there insurance is like ours the guy in the rear that hit the guy in front would be charged with recless driving/undue care and attention
The guy that got hit would be charged with undue care and attention he should have seen the guy comming and got out of his way.

No one wins.
Since they were all breaking the law, maybe the insurance won't pay at all ;)

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was my thoughts.
If they can afford $500,000 cars they can probably afford the replacements.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

No one wins.
Sorry to hear you have such a negative view of insurance, I've been in the business for more than twenty-five years and have seen adjusters do a bad job and/or make mistakes but never have seen a concerted effort to deny claims to save the carrier money. You are entitled to the coverage contained within the four square corners of your policy and nothing more or less so please take the time to read your policy and ask your agent questions.

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Chuck,
no offense meant.
here in BC we have mandatory insurance from ICBC
3rd party can be from other companies.

If 2 vehicles are in an accident ICBC frequently blames both parties so they collect deductible from both.

If you have the money you can hire a Lawyer and fight the.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,965 Posts
Sorry to hear you have such a negative view of insurance, I've been in the business for more than twenty-five years and have seen adjusters do a bad job and/or make mistakes but never have seen a concerted effort to deny claims to save the carrier money. You are entitled to the coverage contained within the four square corners of your policy and nothing more or less so please take the time to read your policy and ask your agent questions.
As my Business manager says, "read the Black parts of the contract. It's trying to read the white parts that gets you into trouble." I have found that to be very sound advice.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Hi Chuck,
no offense meant.
here in BC we have mandatory insurance from ICBC
3rd party can be from other companies.

If 2 vehicles are in an accident ICBC frequently blames both parties so they collect deductible from both.

If you have the money you can hire a Lawyer and fight the.
No offense taken , would be nice if every claim was solely one persons fault. Here in Texas if you are more than 50% you get hung with the whole claim which could considered unfair by the the guy that is only 51% at fault.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts