Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Has anyone else had any problems when they are filling the tank? Three times now, when the nozzle clicked off, the gas came spurting out! I'm prety sure that I know how to pump the gas, just wondered if anyone else had this problem.
Taking it to the shop Wednesday, will ask them too.

Thanks to all!!
Jill and her redline 2004

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yes I have had it do that once. You can't stick it in to far (oh that doesn't sound right.) I have learned not to put the whole nozzle in the neck of the tank. Seems to work for me

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Gas Splashback

:) :) :) :)

I have not had a problem with my SSR and fuel splashback. This can happen when the tank is not too much lower than the fill location. With the long fill to tank drop this should not normally be a problem.

In several vehicles in our maintenance shop this occurred because the vent line was pinched or became plugged. This may be a place to start.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
You know with gas prices I was wondering about that too. Since this cap is a half turn type do they make locking caps for it? I really should get one for the Tahoe its the truck that sits outside, SSR is privledged and gets the garage.

D

·
0 Posts
There are times that if someone tries to steal gas and you have a locking cap they will vandalize the vehicle out of anger. I feel it is better to take a chance and let them have the gas since it's still cheaper to buy a tank of gas than repair key marks.

My 2 cents!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fill Tube

If you look under your SSR you will be amazed how small this tube is. It's just big enough for the nozzle to fit. I can understand the splash problems but it hasn't happened to me yet..

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Filling the tank

Haven't had the splash problem yet - I have noticed that when I get past the three quarter mark, my credit card starts to emit a warning siren.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
It's around $2.33 a gallon for regular out here. Bought gas for the 1st time Sunday, the Dealer has fill the tank twice, only 526 Miles on it. That's going to change with all the Summer Cruising!!!:cool

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I have an auto repair and from all the cars i have seen made in the past 5 or so years i don't think any one could steal gas out of the due to fuel tank design. So i would say save your money.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Has any one else had the pump shut off at a preset $ limit. I found one station that limits debit sales to $35 per transaction. I had to swipe my card a second time to get a full tank.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pump shut off

I've had quite a few stations that shut off at $50 (in my 4x4 truck), Luckily, I haven't had to go that high in this one yet.

I asked the station attendant about the auto shut off and she said it was corporate policy and they had no control over it. That was an Exxon station. I've also had it happen at a Shell near the interstate while traveling.

Diggs

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
It has been like that out here in California for a long time. It's a real pain in the butt every time we go to the sand dunes to fill the truck , trailer and cans for the quads. Than after two swipes the machine will no longer take the card so you have to deal with the brain behind yhe counter . :rant

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Filling the tank

We still have the cheapest gas in the world. I travel quite a bit overseas (although slowing down a bit over the last year or so) - fill up in the UK on a medium sized vehicle typically costs US$80 and then some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts