Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Congratulations on buying a FPR truck, and thank you for starting off with a Lifetime membership.

Let us know where you are from. There are probably Fanatics close by who would be happy to meet up with you and fill you in on what is happening.

We will be more than happy to help you spend your money on your truck. Your best source for all the best goodies is Mike in AZ, at simple-engineering.com

There are some critical components to consider - rad support, shifter repair kit for automatics, and ABS shield should be your first concerns. If your factory fan ever gives up the ghost, Mike's replacement fans are much better quality at a better price.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,425 Posts
:banana:cheer::banana:cheer::banana Congratulations !!!!!!!!! :banana:cheer::banana:cheer::banana

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
:00000732: Welcome from Tennessee! :00000732:

You are the newest member of a unique group. All here understand your excitement of ownership. We are a family of Fanatics, home of the Permagrin... :grin2: Explore the site, there is much wisdom here. And knowledgeable folks willing to share and help. Thanks for becoming a contributing member.

Boomer Bob :ssr

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Welcome to the world of PermaGrin. I believe that it is always best to do the safety, handling and reliability type of mods first. Performance and Appearance Mods are usually more expensive and contribute less to drive-ability or longevity of the SSR.

Recommendations:
1. Meet up with other owners in your area.
2. Drive it as much as you can (weather dependent) ie avoid snow and salt.
3. Check out the Simple engineering website for part upgrades Simple Engineering
4. Modify to satisfy yourself.

I have owned my SSR for 13.5 years now and I still think of things I could to do to my truck.

PS You should also update your profile with location info.(etc)

·
BLU SSR
3,461 Posts
West central illinois welcome!

:00000732: We are a curious bunch -- tell us more about you and your truck. I promise you are going to love it here , it is without a doubt the best site with the best people on the net! Thanks for being a supporting member - that helps insure our continued existence. Please consider coming to the Oct. 2019 International Rally in Branson Mo. to meet a big bunch of your new family!! :blur::ssr

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,395 Posts
CONGRATS & WELCOME . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Welcome from Tn. only suggestion I have is GET OUT and DRIVE it enjoy it top up-- top down life's to short and your never to old to get out there and have fun.
Hope to see you in October in MO.for the International Rally

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Welcome to the family. :00000732:

NJ6969 will be along to tell you...
You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive, when you get it. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.
Just pretend like you haven't heard it before. ;)

Bookmark Simple Engineering.

Bookmark Dicktator's collection of instructions.

Contact Dinerman for an "Ultimate Drive" with all the manuals.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Welcome aboard from Oklahoma City. Enjoy the ‘ride’ and know you have a lot of support from your ‘fanatic’ friends anytime you need it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome from #23110. You didn't just buy a truck, it came with a club. If you are close, try to connect with your local chapter.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,430 Posts
Helloooooo from Cincinnati! I assume your either from Florida or Texas....Just a hunch.....well, permagrin is the same no matter where your from!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts