Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of Aug 16, I was 40 and 1/2 years old. It took me six months to realize life is short. It is costing me a Hummer 3 for my wife, but hey both are cheaper than getting a new wife. Black Asphalt 6 speed should be here with in a week. Hello everyone.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Life Is Short

I GET YOUR DRIFT. I FINALLY GOT MY SSR AFTER MY HUSBAND MADE THE COMMENT THAT HE WANTED ME TO HAVE IT WHILE I COULD STILL GET IN AND OUT OF IT ( WITHOUT A WALKER :lol ) SO I AGREE LIFE IS SHORT. HAVE FUN WHILE YOU CAN AND CRUISE THROUGH THE REST OF IT IN AN SSR :ssr :thumbs

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Welcome

to the old farts forum...as someone else in this group once said.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
The ranks of the "Old Farts"is growing.......Welcome aboard :thumbs

·
Registered
487 Posts
Fishslayr1 said:
As of Aug 16, I was 40 and 1/2 years old. It took me six months to realize life is short. It is costing me a Hummer 3 for my wife, but hey both are cheaper than getting a new wife. Black Asphalt 6 speed should be here with in a week. Hello everyone.
Welcome.

I just turned 40 this month and my SSR sure has helped with the mid-life thing. My wife told me to buy the car or she would trade me in for two 20's.

Happy driving

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome, 40 must be the Age, the average in the Vette clubs is around 50. I'm stopping at 40

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fishslayr1 said:
What a strange coincidence. Today, I'll be cleaning out the garage to make a little more space to park next to the SSR. Her white PT Cruiser was sold on Thursday afternoon. On Thursday evening, we bought her a Hummer 3. We'll pick it up on Monday . . . black on black in black over black around black with darker tinted glass. A fraternity brother asked me, "Why is it that I only see 'gray beards' driving these SSRs?" I guess your explanation is as good as any, huh? :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Test the water

Maybe you guys in OKC have the same water we do here in Memphis. I should finish the deal with the Hummer folks tommorrow. We did the math and figured if we didn't buy the vechicles now, we could invest the money at some type of return, in 50 years when we are dead, the kids would get some large amount. We told are kids 15, 12 and 6, to get good careers or eat dog food, (well not the 6 year old)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Fishslayr ! !

At 65, while looking for a new truck to replace my 01 Silverado, seeing that gleam in my 25 year-old son's eyes, I took the plunge 6 months ago. Well, that and $12k off because it was an 04 demonstrator with 882 miles. :)

Absolutely love it. Fun to see the youngsters race to catch up to see who is driving that silver bullet. When they see me I can see the guys lips move saying, "That is just so wrong in so many ways". The ladies just smile and wave. I was surprised at the "maturity" of the demographics of a Fanatics age poll. Very interesting.

Glad to have you aboard,
Gary :seeya

R

·
0 Posts
At 48, geez I only feel 38, some....say I am having a crisis. I say what crisis? I love cool cars, always have. The big diff these days is I can finally afford some of them, lol. Dollar for dollar I think I got a bunch of MB's beat all to hell, lol. I got the car because it fits me, and because I could. The wifes got her new Sorento and it fits her, everybody happy now, lol.

W

·
0 Posts
Over half way and enjoying the ride!

Hi-We bought our SSR in May. It was the first vehicle we ever bought on impulse. My Monte Carlo needed service, and it was in the showroom...and the rest is history.
When we were on the way in to pick it up at the dealer's, I turned to my husband and said, "What are we doing? This is a two seater, gas prices are going up--are we impractical or what?"
He said, "Hey, we want it. We can afford it. The kids are grown and on their own, and the grandkids will think it's a gas to ride in. So, why not do something for us for a change?" God Bless Him!
I absolutely love it! It's my daily driver, and I love sliding into the seat and hearing that throaty engine roar to life!
I turned 50 almost a year ago, and I don't consider this a mid life crisis...it's my transporter for the next half century or so! I told God I won't be ready to go before that, because I have sooo many things I want to do yet!

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard. :cheers

Tell your wife she is lucky. I turned 40 and decided to turn my Corvette Z06 into a racecar and go racing. A new H3 and SSR is a bargain compared to my mid-life crisis. :lol
Seriously, I agree with you. Life is short. I found myself at a point in my career where I had the time and the money (well sort of) to do something I'd always wanted to do... so I did and haven't regretted it for a second.

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
wipurplechick said:
Hi-We bought our SSR in May. It was the first vehicle we ever bought on impulse. My Monte Carlo needed service, and it was in the showroom...and the rest is history.
When we were on the way in to pick it up at the dealer's, I turned to my husband and said, "What are we doing? This is a two seater, gas prices are going up--are we impractical or what?"
He said, "Hey, we want it. We can afford it. The kids are grown and on their own, and the grandkids will think it's a gas to ride in. So, why not do something for us for a change?" God Bless Him!
I absolutely love it! It's my daily driver, and I love sliding into the seat and hearing that throaty engine roar to life!
I turned 50 almost a year ago, and I don't consider this a mid life crisis...it's my transporter for the next half century or so! I told God I won't be ready to go before that, because I have sooo many things I want to do yet!

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

We bought ours on impulse to. Its kind of what my hubby did for us after the last child support payment!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
ricardo said:
it's not a midlife crisis....it's an SSR! :party :party :party :party

This is not a "Mid-Life Crisis" for me. I am only 47, and do not expect to hit my "Midlife Crisis" for another 13 years or so. I guess I am a little suprised so many people think that the 40's are midlife. :confused You guys need to think outside the box. :thumbs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know, come to think of it, I guess mid-life crisis was kind of a stretch. Now that I have my ride, (even with the small ding in the fender which will be gone on tommorrow) I keep driving to the store to go buy things I don't need. I go get milk for my wife, never used to do that. I forget the paper towels "on accident since my "mid-life brain is now forgetful" so I have to make that long and dreaded top down trip to the fartherest store I can find. Looking back, I guess forgetting the paper towels and faking a mid life was just my way of:

GETTING WHAT I WANT AND DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Dooh!!!

Focks said:
This is not a "Mid-Life Crisis" for me. I am only 47, and do not expect to hit my "Midlife Crisis" for another 13 years or so. I guess I am a little suprised so many people think that the 40's are midlife. :confused You guys need to think outside the box. :thumbs
When your 60 you might not be able to get out of the box!! :glol :glol :glol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts