Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fanatics,

Well, after over 3-1/2 months I finally got my SSR back from the body shop on August 23, as a result of the front end accident that I had back on May 5.

I have to say that for a GM/Chevy dealership body shop, all in all the end result was very good and positive. Since my original hood was damaged in the accident, I took this opportunity to get a custom fiberglass hood instead.

I must give a shout out to Eric Peters (MPD1 Motorsports) for producing such a beautifully designed, and well made custom fiberglass hood.....well done and thanks so much, Eric! :thumbs

I've spent the last week putting various aspects of detailing back on the truck, getting it "ready for show" again.

It's great to have my truck back, and I consider myself very fortunate for this whole ordeal to have worked out so well.

Alex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Nice to hear that you're back on the road with your R.
The custom fiberglass hood by Eric fits the truck excellently.:thumbs

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warner Robins Rally:

Looking Good Alex!!
Hope you're still thinking about joining us next month in Warner Robins!?!?
Yep, I'll be there. However,Crystal most likely won't be able to come with me do to her workload, lack of help, and having to take that many days off right now.

I'm still looking forward to it.

Alex

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spikes:

Rocket Launcher mounting hard points...my guess!?!? >:)
Not a bad guess....:glol Actually they are chromed steel acorn nuts (spikes).

The spikes I installed on the wheel center caps and the wheel wells started the entire "spike theme" for my SSR. I have them scattered throughout the truck, particularly in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Looks real good.I'd like to see some pics of the engine bay spikes.

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
You have a wonderful SSR Alex and very cool Eric was able to make it even more special

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
Ok, Spike. Glad your back to 'normal'.... we'll see ya at Gina's

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Photos of My Engine Bay:

Looks real good.I'd like to see some pics of the engine bay spikes.
Dave,

At your request, I've attached 3 photos of my engine bay that I took earlier today. I've been busy the past week putting back a lot of detailing that the body shop had taken off during the repair work. I've also attached an older photo of my engine bay lit up, just to give you an idea of what it looks like at night.

You may have to blow up the photos to spot some of the spikes and other miscellaneous detaiing. The more you look, the more you find. I tried to leave "no stone unturned". :smile2:

In detailing my SSR, I basically tried to maintain a few "themes"....."a ribbed look", spikes, and small Chevy bowties.

Alex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Man that is nice. I'm going to start on my engine bay too. I'm going with a more patriotic look. I have some of the eagle head chrome caps on the fender bolts and in a few other places. I'm trying to find a good air brush person to do a flag on my engine cover. A little bit of SS parts and going to get some small parts plated. Just takes time and $$$$$.

·
Premium Member
35,699 Posts
Alex great news , glad you're back on the road! That's one pretty SSR and I like that hood.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
If you're happy with the body shop work, it must be top notch work because you are a super clean/neat-n-tidy guy. I am very happy for you and your baby.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts