Hope the rains stops soon! Good luck with your new black beauty! :flagpesos said:was down in LA for 5 days and Allen Gwynn found me an 05 black 6spd with the running boards for $500 over invoice. cancelled my flight and drove it home today!
few initial observations:
1) why didn't they put the radio controls on the left side of the wheel? seems like i hardly have my right hand on the wheel (have to shift, don't I?)
1a) They designed the steering wheel setup when all they had was an automatics to drive
2) seals seals seals. it's been raining almost nonstop since i picked her up and anytime you open anything, water pours out
2a) I haven't driven in real rain so not sure how much water pours out :confused
3) NOISE - how do i get these pillows people have talked about to quiet down the road noise?
3)a Ahh mine is a wee bit loud but to me its all fits in with the Roadster's sounds...
4) rough idle? anyone else with the 6 spd notice that the gearshifter REALLY dances around? the worst part about it is that it makes a clicking noise (which I THINK is the pleather around it sticking/rubbing as it jiggles back and forth) that I REALLY need to get rid of... incredibly annoying sound
4)a Never drove a Six Speed yet... darn it
5) overall i love the new engine and tranny, but the exhaust doesn't sound quite as cool as the earlier model year i test drove last year
5)a That is true... I found that the 03 - 04s sounds a wee bit more "throatier" ! :jester
6) not the most comfortable seats when you're 6'3"
6)a I am 6'2" and I drove in it 6 hours straight and I found the seats to be fairly comfortable. :thumbs
7) i feel like I paid $1900 for heated seats!!!
7)a You got much more than heated seats for $1,900.00 :yesnod
still a big smile on my face
I still have a big smile on my face too
will take some more as soon as the rain stops!!!