Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger. I patiently looked for seven years and ended up with a great pacific blue SSR. I'm finally a true fanatic!

Question:

My windshield defrost light stays on. Any ideas?

·
Bad is Good
289 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger. I patiently looked for seven years and ended up with a great pacific blue SSR. I'm finally a true fanatic!

Question:

My windshield defrost light stays on. Any ideas?
welcome to the family
think of it as big brother
its always on and watching you
someone will chime in on why but thats the same on all of them:wink2:
Bennyb

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,375 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!! Might look in the repair library search area.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,609 Posts
SkipinCope, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Ha! ha! Kathy and I were talking last night about that light being on all the time

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Well, finally CONGRATULATIONS and finally :00000732: to the SSR Family !!! A nation of great Guys & Gals !!! Glad you finally "Put the Bottle to your Head and Pulled the Trigger" Let us know where you park that beautiful Pacific Blue !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,152 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Congrats on your purchase (i.e. pulling the trigger) and welcome to the family from Warner Robins Georgia!!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,550 Posts
Welcome to the ranks of The Blues Brothers

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Welcome to the family Skip :00000732:
That position on the heater control that's always lit is the full out windshield defrost, outside mirror heat, and rear window defrost, but it's not on until you turn the knob to that position.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,655 Posts
Helloooooo from Cincinnati! Welcome to the asylu.....I mean family!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Wow! Looks likes you found a nice one... well done sir.
Welcome from Southeast Texas!

The defrost light baffled me too... why stay on when not in use??? ...but it does.
Be sure to look up suggested improvements, or "fixes" for known issues, and enjoy the "heck" out of it!
:ssr
Brian

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Welcome too the Family, from Friendswood, Texas. That Defrost light is always lit, I personally think it was designed that way so that Us " Older, Visionally Challenged " persons could find it quicker after dark to quickly clear up a frosted Windshield. I may be wrong, but I am sticking too that thought..lol

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,282 Posts
WELCOME, Skip . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

1 - 17 of 17 Posts