• MSN Search

Votes: 23 5.2%
  • *OTHER

Votes: 4 0.9%

Finding SSR Fanatic Site

28K views 81 replies 53 participants last post by  yellow bear 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
How did you hear about our site?

Did you find it in a Google search (like me)... Did you get stopped on the street by a Fanatic? Found us partying at the Banquet @ Laughlin while on vacation? (you know who you are!)

How long did you lurk before signing up, becoming a supporting member (took me all of a week... saw 2006 pictures of Laughlin.. thought I could hang with these guys.. they look normal & cool at the same time!)

See less See more
#2 ·
Found it on a GOOGLE search. :thumbs
Took about two weeks to become a member and another two months to become a supporting member.
As we all know, it's well worth the money for the information and comrodery exchange. :lol
Ron :black:

#3 ·
I entered "SSR roof leak" in a search engine, and found this site.

I think that I lurked for just a few weeks before signing up; then I became a Supporting Member a short time later, after I took a chance and posted something. I also realized that this site, or rather the people on this site, would be a key to my enjoyment of the vehicle, so I felt an obligation to chip in to help with expenses associated with maintaining the site.

#4 ·
I was Googling for SSRs and found the SSRfanatic. I registered the 1st week of May 06. Asked my questions...and bought an SSR in June. Became a supporting member shortly after. Has been all fun and educational since.

#6 ·
I found this site by doing a Google search on SSR. Spent a weekend afternoon looking at pictures from the Kingsburg gathering that were just being posted at the time and I remember looking at the pictures of the Laughlin event and then started looking at all those pictures in the gallery. Then I started reading about everything everybody had to say about the SSR and their life as well. Some of the stories being told were so funny that I felt like I’ve known some of these members all along. Some members were not happy campers, but so many of you were there to help others solve the problem so that they too could enjoy the Permagrin as well.
After a couple of days of reading, I was hooked.
It been almost a year now and I’m so glad I’ve joined this form and became a supporting member as I’ve learn a lot, made many new friends and I know if I have a problem, somebody out there has a good answer.

#56 ·
fanatics

These two wonderful guys meet my husband and I on the power tour last year . We had just gotten our SSR and just couldn't wait to drive it, so we took it our the HRPT.
We pulled into the motel and these guys were kind enough to come over and give us Ed's (P>P>) business card from the forum. And then they took us under their wings and let us carrivan with the rest of the tour!!
We made a lot of life long friends !! THANKS GUYS
downshifters-Marv and judy-:blur: :blur:

#15 ·
found this site on a search engine after buying my SSR eight months before. :purple:
didn't lurk at all, signed up right away. I was overloaded with the info here. And impressed. I didn't shout out my entrance or ask a ton of questions at first, just read and read and read.
within two weeks I was a supporting member.
within a month we were planning our first trip to meet up with some southern fanatics.
I am so pleased that I found this site - I'm crazy infatuated over-the-top in love with my SSR, and on this forum I'm normal :D

#16 · (Edited)
Finding SSRFanatic.com Site

***I am going to merge this poll with another thread.***

I thought this would make a great poll since we have a thread already started on this topic. Please add your comments and tell us how you first heard about or found our great website. :)

When I took my very first tour at the Lansing Craft Centre, a few days after my SSR had been built, I met a number of people who informed me about this great site. They told me that I have to visit it and read all the great topics and stories that were on here. A short while after I purchased my SSR I finally located our site. I immediately fell in "LIKE" with all the great members that we had. I became an active member and decided that joining as a "Supporting Member" was well worth the small price to pay to help maintain and support our great site ... not only for all the wealth of knowledge that is on here but also all the great members that I had meet over the years.

I believe that our site will be around for a long long time to come. I consider our site to be the "PREMIERE" spot for all SSR owners and car enthusiasts to come visit, not only now, but well into the future too!

:cheers

#17 ·
My dealership gave me Wildcat's business card. My first thought was that I ddn't want to get involved with a car club. Then I happened upon another SSR driving home from work that was on the side of the road due to overheating which had happened to me only a couple of weeks before. I went home that nite and found the site. I lurked around for 3 months and then become a supporting member in Jan 06 when I bought my 2nd SSR. Now it's my addiction. :lol

#18 ·
Holy cow....

I have been on this site almost 4 years now!!!

I was searching the internet every day...twice, maybe 3 times a day for anything SSR. There were a couple of other SSR sites, but this was the only one that I visited every day and most of the other sites shut down. I joined the first day I found it, but becoming a Supporting Member wasn't possible for months down the road.

Can't believe....four years already........

#22 ·
(I'm going to be a stickler here :rolleyes: According to your join date, you joined 3 years ago :seeya ....that doesn't mean I like you any less :lol )

#21 ·
Google...like almost everyone else

I was searching about anything SSR just before I made my purchase last May and ran across this site. I started reading about the Maggie Valley Run and then when it was over and all the pics started rolling in and I saw how much more this site was than just info about the SSR, I decided it was a great place to hang out. My wife was making fun of me for all the time I spent looking and reading. We made our first trip with the group to the WDC last year and now we have more friends and a lot of good memories. Really looking forward to more trips, gatherings and fun times. Funny thing is...my wife now asks me what the "latest" is on the site and we already have our vacation scheduled around the Maggie Valley and WDC weekends. This buggy has been a real life changer.

Jeff

#27 ·
Got me LOL

Not Google Not Yahoo but MSN .........

is how I found this site. Just after purchasing my :ssr I started to research for add-ons and the second site on the search page was the SSR Fanatic site.

I viewed it for a while before joining!
I thought there might be someone who had found our site off of MSN too ... :lol

So Deb I will add your vote and edit the poll to include MSN too. ;)

#30 ·
I was MSN also. Thats my homepage. I like it, it has all the news, weather, etc first thing in the morning.

Glad it was added, I can answer the poll now. :thumbs

The minute I found this site, I loved it, paid my $25 within the hour and have been a supporting member ever since.

I have made some friendships on here that $25 could never buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.