Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! One of my favorite things at rallys are the group rides so I decided to plan a day run. All are welcome to join me on a run from Cincinnati Ohio to Portsmouth Ohio on Sunday August 21, 2022. We will plan on leaving the Bob Evans at 510 Ohio Pike in Beechmont about 9am. You can come early and eat there or grab your own food before hand. We will cruise up State Rt 52 along the Ohio river to Portsmouth. Once in Portsmouth, there are antique shops to browse and long floodwall covered in murals for photo ops. An early dinner between 3-4 at the Scioto Ribber. You can check out their menu online. They do not accept reservations but they said could usually accommodate a party of twenty or so with no problem at that time. (Fyi- a small steak is 16oz and the ribs are so large that a large order is only 4 bones but you probably can't eat it all!)
So join a few of us for a fun little cruise!
Smile Product Sleeve Gesture Cartoon

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ribber is a great restaurant...have had many meals their...on my visits to P.town...Flood wall Murals absolute beautiful..The Portsmouth Brewing Company is also their...Oldest micro-brewery in the Midwest! Est. 1843 ...sorry I will miss this trip...cheers
vp
Thanks for the info and we'll catch you next time Art!

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Primer Mickey and 05’ Sinister
7,399 Posts
Memories of Portsmouth
First wife and I had first born
Young couple from Portsmouth was stationed at nearby military base and having their first born also
Became friends
No longer have first wife
Still have first born
No longer friends with couple

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great day for a road trip! Rain held off until we sat for dinner. The forecast did keep a few away though. About a 250 mile and 12 hour trip.
1) Stopped by Ulysses S Grant birthplace.
Plant Plant community Natural environment Tree Sky
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Sky

2) Mehldahl Dam on the Ohio river with 2 locks... One 600ft and one 1200ft long! Couldn't get real close but one tow had just come through.
Water Cloud Sky Bird Boat

3) Portsmouth floodwall murals
History of Portsmouth painted in 1993. I believe the longest continuous mural in the world. ( but don't quote me on that!)
Cloud Car Tire Wheel Sky

Tire Car Wheel Cloud Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

More to follow.....

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Antique shopping before and after dinner. Dinner at the famous Scioto Ribber!
1)Dinner group minus Jim the picture taker
Table Smile Sharing Community Recreation
2) The grill as you walk in the entrance and it smelled as good as it looks!
Food Cookware and bakeware Charcoal Cuisine Dish

3) Small steak is a 16oz! Large steak is two of them!
Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient French fries

Thanks for everyone that joined me on Firetrucks Fun Run#1! We had a blast.... Stay tuned for #2 down the road!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts