Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, glad to be here, going to drive my SSR to work for the first time. Got a lot to learn about my new ride. First I got to get the top to working. Does nothing. After that all is good.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,677 Posts
I'm not smart enough to help with the top but I am smart enough to text your first WELCOME!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
We are here for you......glad you found the site. There is a library on “how to” and it is very informative. Probably a few Fanatics can help you suss out the inoperative top as well. We will get you on the right track.....welcome?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, what the lock on the side of console over e-brake?

·
Spirited driver!
1,669 Posts
Hi Joe,

that lock is for the center console storage compartment. Press that in and lift up on the padded part of the armrest. I will send you my contact info in a private message (PM) and you can reach out to me directly if you would like.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,397 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Prior post?

What I did was go to that post, click on "permalink" at the upper right. That will show that post as a stand alone, no thread. Go to the address bar at the top of the page and highlight then copy the address.

Now go back to where you want to post something and write anything, highlight it and click on the globe with the chain links in front and a box will open. Paste the address you copied from the single post in there.
One caution, when that box opens there will be already be a highlighted http:// in the box, so right click and paste on that, not on the blank line following it.

If you click quote on my post you should see how it's put together.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Prior post?

What I did was go to that post, click on "permalink" at the upper right. That will show that post as a stand alone, no thread. Go to the address bar at the top of the page and highlight then copy the address.

Now go back to where you want to post something and write anything, highlight it and click on the globe with the chain links in front and a box will open. Paste the address you copied from the single post in there.
One caution, when that box opens there will be already be a highlighted http:// in the box, so right click and paste on that, not on the blank line following it.

If you click quote on my post you should see how it's put together.
:|
Thanks, a 28 year career with IBM Corp (which included me being a Programming Support Repl) doesn't translate to me getting your directions at all.:frown2:

This is one of those instances where I would have to be looking over your shoulder to get the sequence down. I clicked on your post, there is no damn globe and/or chain links that I can see anywhere.

Don't bother to try and explain further, it just would not work for me. As said, I think the steps you defined would only make sense if I could see it for myself. Thanks anyway.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Welcome to the Family, from Friendswood, Texas. I know it may be redundant, but are You starting the engine, putting your foot on the brake and then pushing the button too lower your roof? Can you hear it trying to do anything ? Windows both should go down automatically, the covers over the storage compartment should raise up and then the roof should move into place for storage. Might check all fuses that are pertinent behind the passenger seat or under the hood. Make sure the toneau cover is completely down in place. Other than that, not more I can think of too tell you. However, there are others that can help you on this site and I am sure You will get the problem taken care of.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does nothing, no sound, send different messages to me, seems like a new one every time I try it. lower top manually, tonneu cover manually, bed cover ajar. So far.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,316 Posts
Make sure all of the basics are covered first. Rear bed cover is closed. Engine running, foot on brake push button. What message comes up? My 04 the first time I tried it would give me the manual open tonneau. It was opening the latches and releasing the tonneau latches but would not push it up much. After I lifted it manually it has worked fine since then. I had to have my daughter help me and she lifted one side and I did the other.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,633 Posts
Make sure all of the basics are covered first. Rear bed cover is closed. Engine running, foot on brake push button. What message comes up? My 04 the first time I tried it would give me the manual open tonneau. It was opening the latches and releasing the tonneau latches but would not push it up much. After I lifted it manually it has worked fine since then. I had to have my daughter help me and she lifted one side and I did the other.
He got it working. Read his thread--"Top is doing something now" for his report.

Nick

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hadn't tried it in he all the way down position. Took it apart and cleaned the micro switches. The hyd. fluid is a little low, advance didn't have any in stock. will be here Tuesday. Going to top it off too the mark and give it a try.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Make sure it's the right fluid, that system is real particular.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts