Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first full summer cruisn in the SSR

I realized today that I get the same feeling I had when riding my four wheeler on the winding trails. YOU GET LOST IN THE RIDE! The smell of the air-the wind making my hair dance and the open picturesque view. WOW what a day!
Only thing missing was to see in the rear view mirror a trail of SSR’s. :thumbs

My Dad and I went for a country drive today. This was his first cruise in the SSR. It was wonderful!!!
We stopped at a Cider Mill and had Michigan's famous cider donuts- and did some people watching.

The air here has that crisp-cool smell (yet still warm) in it which made the drive even more exciting. Michigan is beautiful and does offer a lot of Splendor.

I have had a great summer! Meet some wonderful people this year and have enjoyed this summer to the fullest! I can’t wait to see what next summer has to offer. The SSR does bring tranquility to my life. I live a very fast paced life and find now that purchasing the SSR has more benefits than I thought!

I hate to say it but –I’m not ready to put her away-I’m hoping for an Indian summer!! Have enjoyed the ride immensely!!! :thumbs

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
My dads first SSR ride

The part you said about your dad caught my eye. My father is coming up tomorrow for a visit with us. He has been waiting on a liver for almost 2 years and it aint looking good. He wants to come up here to the mountains for the cool weather for a few days. Also, he has never seen the SSR and wants to drive it. He will be the first one to get to drive it besides us. What a good way to end the summer. He says if its one of the last things he gets to do, its to drive that SSR so you can bet we will be up on that Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow :ssr :thumbs

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dad's

Gina said:
The part you said about your dad caught my eye. My father is coming up tomorrow for a visit with us. He has been waiting on a liver for almost 2 years and it aint looking good. He wants to come up here to the mountains for the cool weather for a few days. Also, he has never seen the SSR and wants to drive it. He will be the first one to get to drive it besides us. What a good way to end the summer. He says if its one of the last things he gets to do, its to drive that SSR so you can bet we will be up on that Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow :ssr :thumbs

Gina,
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He will definatley be in my prayers. I have to admit I did enjoy the look on my Dad's face today. He has recently suffered two mini stokes and has to make changes in his life to survive.
I enjoyed my time with him today. Although I have always been Daddy's little girl. This time was so much more special. I wanted my Dad to drive mine but his eye site is not all that well. Your Dad is going to get a thrill out of it. Enjoy your time with him and I'm hoping for the best for you both!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gina said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. He will definatley be in all our prayers. :angel

W

·
0 Posts
Enjoy the time!

Gina & Hotrod girl-You both touched my heart this morning...

Gina-I will be praying that for your dad, and for you and your family. I know your dad will enjoy the ride-and the drive-and you'll both treasure the time together.

Hotrodgirl-It sounds like you and your dad share a special relationship. That is too cool. I'll pray for his continued recovery from his mini-strokes. Hopefully, you'll have many more summers to share with him.

My dad passed away from lung cancer in '86 at the tender age of 64. He was the best father a girl could ask for (along with being a fantastic grandpa and family man). Before he retired, he was an over the road truck driver for over 35 years. He simply loved being behind the wheel...and he passed that love on to me.

Since he's been gone, there have been countless times that I sense that he's been 'along for the ride'... to some, I know that sounds odd or unbelievable...and that's fine-to each their own-but I know in my heart when his spirit is close. I know he's been with me in our SSR and can almost see the smile on his face as we ride along.

Thanks to both of you for sharing such special moments. You both are so lucky to still have your dads with you. I can tell you know that by the notes you've written...

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Thank You

Thank You all so much for your prayers and concerns. I will remember your Fathers also as we take our ride in the SSR.

Gina :angel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts