Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my '05 SSR's first oil change. GM didn't do us any favors when they installed those frame cross-members right where the oil comes out....really messy. Also, that tiny filter will barely come out of the space provided for the same reason, a cross-member is right below it. The original filter is really tough to get a hold on, plus it is stuck really tight. I replaced it with a K&N oil filter and it has a hex boss on the bottom for ease of tightening and later removal.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oil Change

My '03 has the same plastic deflector. I just switched to Mobil 1 yesterday, and it was one of the easiest oil changes I've ever done. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
03-04 5.3L engine oil change

Is the location of the oil drain plug and filter for the 03-04 5.3L engne different from the 05 6.0L engines?

Is that why your oil change was so easy as compared to the description for the 05 6.0L engine oil change? or did you just not have any trouble?

Glad to know if there's a difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Not all have Mobil 1?

Peaches said:
My '03 has the same plastic deflector. I just switched to Mobil 1 yesterday, and it was one of the easiest oil changes I've ever done. :)
My '05 (according to the sticker under the hood) uses Mobil 1. Is this a change since the original model year?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts