Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It didnt' do too bad. Better in the snow than my old Z3 beamer!

How do you turn on the outside mirror defroster? I soaked my little manual in ice water! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
dougnc said:
It didnt' do too bad. Better in the snow than my old Z3 beamer!

How do you turn on the outside mirror defroster? I soaked my little manual in ice water! :)
My outside mirrors defrost when you turn on the rear window defroster. Thats on a 2006. The rear window defogger is the far right knob of the climate control system in the lower center of the dash. Just push the button with the square window symbol with the three wavy arrows. It's located at the six o'clock position.

Now back to the subject of your manual in ice water????????? We really need answers and pictures if possible. Do you have a microwave????????.

Glad to know it was good in snow. I'll never know probably. I opened the garage and uncovered Black Tie (SSR's name) and when Black Tie looked out the garage door he showed signs of wanting to be covered back up because he did not want to have to take a bath and shampoo later.

Purchased on 26 November 06 and Black Tie has only been out twice for a minute or two for a breath of fresh air and I've only had the top hat down once and that was in the garage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SS My R said:
My outside mirrors defrost when you turn on the rear window defroster. Thats on a 2006. The rear window defogger is the far right knob of the climate control system in the lower center of the dash. Just push the button with the square window symbol with the three wavy arrows. It's located at the six o'clock position.

Now back to the subject of your manual in ice water????????? We really need answers and pictures if possible. Do you have a microwave????????.

Glad to know it was good in snow. I'll never know probably. I opened the garage and uncovered Black Tie (SSR's name) and when Black Tie looked out the garage door he showed signs of wanting to be covered back up because he did not want to have to take a bath and shampoo later.

Purchased on 26 November 06 and Black Tie has only been out twice for a minute or two for a breath of fresh air and I've only had the top hat down once and that was in the garage.
Well, I have this real cool fold up waterproof cooler I carry in the truck. I can put water bottles or cokes in it and it keeps it cool.

At least I thought it was waterproof. Imagine my surprise when I opened it up to dump the melted ice water out, and it was dry. :)

I purchased mine in April and it's been out most everyday, rain, shine, or now snow. I call it snowplow, since when I step on it it spins sideways and runs into the nearest snowdrift!

Just kidding . :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
i believe that you need the 1sb package to have the side view mirrors with the defrost option.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
We had our first snow/ice storm of the year last night. The SSR is in the garage where it is warm :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW_FCTR said:
i believe that you need the 1sb package to have the side view mirrors with the defrost option.
I hope not. It implies it on the chevy website, but I was assured here that it came with the ISA package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
KySSR said:
We had our first snow/ice storm of the year last night. The SSR is in the garage where it is warm :D
Oooh, how cute! Your little fu-fu SSR is all warm and cozy!

My SSR is all covered in snow and salt and freezing rain.

AND IT LIKES IT!

I KNOW!

IT HAS THAT BIG SMILE ON IT'S FACE!

:lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
I drive the Lexus in the snow, The paint job on the SSR is too new to get salt all over.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
dougnc said:
I hope not. It implies it on the chevy website, but I was assured here that it came with the ISA package.

It looks like I was wrong and the 1SA does come with the heated side-view mirrors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KySSR said:
I drive the Lexus in the snow, The paint job on the SSR is too new to get salt all over.........
You drive a Lexus?

Jebus, your SSR is the cheap beater pickup in your family!. :)
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
WOW_FCTR said:
It looks like I was wrong and the 1SA does come with the heated side-view mirrors.
I think you were correct the first time John, I believe the heated mirrors only came with the 1SB package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Marc NY said:
I think you were correct the first time John, I believe the heated mirrors only came with the 1SB package.

Well that's what I thought, but I did some searches and the heated mirrors came up in the STD equip group. Although I must say that recently my work place has blocked a lot of web sites that I can access and I couldn't get to the sites I really wanted to. (Since I found 2 websites that said they were standard, I retracted my statement....)




LUCKILY THIS IS ONE SITE I STILL HAVE ACCESS TOO.....(or I might have had to find another job).
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
I Stand Corrected!

WOW_FCTR said:
... Although I must say that recently my work place has blocked a lot of web sites that I can access and I couldn't get to the sites I really wanted to. (Since I found 2 websites that said they were standard, I retracted my statement....)
I pulled out my 04 SSR Window Sticker and low and behold it is on the left hand side;the Standard Option part of the sticker. :leaving
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
dougnc said:
You drive a Lexus?

Jebus, your SSR is the cheap beater pickup in your family!. :)

Heck, I wouldn't pay what they want for the Lexus, But I get the employee discount on them. They are WAY overpriced!
All of our Good vehicles have bowties on them :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I agree with Ky SSR

SSr kid & I leave both your SSR's in the garage when it snows or ice!! Drove the cobalt to work !! Joys SSr :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,655 Posts
Marc NY said:
I pulled out my 04 SSR Window Sticker and low and behold it is on the left hand side;the Standard Option part of the sticker. :leaving
It's the auto-dimming side mirror that's the option. Along with the electric butt warmers in the seats...


Wish I had my window sticker. It was already missing (or never applied) while it was in the dealer's showroom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
Ask your dealer if they can order you a new one

WOW_FCTR said:
Just read that the window sticker is required by law and the dealer can be fined $10,000 for not having it.
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=buy&subject=sticker&story=wsIntro&aff=national
FYI: I didn't like how the dealer prep person folded my window sticker into quarters... :nono so I asked the dealership's owner to replace my window sticker. The dealer then ordered me a new one it took a few weeks to come in. The only problem was it wasn't in color like the orginal it was just B/W. :rolleyes:

When the orginal window sticker was folded into quarters parts of the black ink broke apart and fell off the sticker. :cry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
aaaah the other convertible

SSR is in the garage resting on carpeting New 06 JEEP RUBICON /BLACK (of course)... in next stall over < the way it should be......> aint life grand
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top