Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a signed commitment contract with my dealer for 15mos., and was told the other day that production of the SSR wouldn't begin until Oct 03. Has anybody gotten a "firm" commitment date from there respective dealer??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paronoid ???

Troy, My mind is working, and I am thinking that my dealer could be putting me into the #2 slot, which has me checking all info sources to find out if I'm being sidestepped. I just registered with your site, and if I'm not exposing my inquiry in the right area please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's not matching with the dates that I've heard, but there could be quite a few reasons for that. It may be that your dealer is one of hte last to get one. It takes a while to roll even one SSR out to each dealer.

I am going to go ahead and move this thread into the SSR General discussion. :cheers

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many Chevrolet dealers are there? Production of the SSR will only be a little over 1000 per month when it is at full speed. There must be thousands of dealers. It is going to take a while to get one to each of them.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many Chevrolet Dealers

There are approximately 4500 Chev Dealers.

The smaller ones will not see an SSR until at least the third
year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: How many Chevrolet Dealers

Corvetteseller said:

year.
Hey, Bob. Are you making that estimate based on anticipated demand or limited production or a combination thereof? :cheers

·
Registered
413 Posts
the chevy district rep for this area told me production of 2003s will be 3100 units only dealers that sold 500 new chevrolets or more in 2001 will get one, all dealers will get at least one unit in 2004 and that production is supposed to be 15000 units and stare oct 2003

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
need info on alotments

Where are you located? Also, could you guve me the rep's name? I would like to ask him a few questions. Thanx

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
m454ss said:
I've had a signed commitment contract with my dealer for 15mos., and was told the other day that production of the SSR wouldn't begin until Oct 03. Has anybody gotten a "firm" commitment date from there respective dealer??
They will start building them in July! :cool

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: How many Chevrolet Dealers

Corvetteseller said:

year.

That is not the case every Chevrolet Dealer will get one in the 2004 model year which will start in October 2003!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
upstate NY

My dealer also told me that production was starting Oct 2003

1 - 13 of 13 Posts