Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, we drove Maggie to Sunday Brunch. On the way my wife breaks off the door oof the dash cup holder. OOPS! It was pretty flimsy I have to note but do you know is a door available or the entire assembly? either from Chevy or in the aftermarket?

Thanks\

fltsfshr

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
The doors are no longer available but, did it break off or just pop off. Handle with care and see if there are four rectangular loops on the cover and four hooks on the drawer, 2 top and 2 bottom. if all the parts are un broken it can be replaced on the drawer. I know the directions are on the forum someplace and if no one else finds them first I will come back here and send a link when I find them. All of the pieces are fragile.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The face plate is available from Wild Bills or on Ebay from him. They will pop off pretty easily and may just need to be glued back on. Mine on my 04 was off when I got it and I just popped it back on. It has stayed on for about 2 years now with no problems. I have seen where some guys put a little silicone on it to stay in place also.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
The face plate and the cup holder are separate pieces and were not sold as one unit. The face plate snaps on with four clips, two top and two bottom, and is further held in place by two metal clips on the bottom. Besides left and right, there are two size face plates. As I recall the taller size faceplates were a mid-year change over on the 2006s. I know the taller ones are not available from GM, but both are available from Will Bills.

The faceplate can be repaired if all the pieces are present using Permatex 84145. I’ve repaired one using Permatex and replaced one, as some pieces were missing from a prior break.

I’ve seen a couple other options:
A) Glued in place with silicone, see Dicktator’s library.
B) Automotive double back tape
C) Double back velcro

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i repaired the faceplate assembly using Loctite plastic bond. It seems to have worked very well. It's nice and solid. It was applied differently than any other 2 part bond I've used. The first part looked like a magic marker head you applied it to both surfaces then waited 50 seconds before applying part 2. Held it for about 30 seconds. It stayed in place and I let it cure for 24 hours. Only time will tell but I think it's going be a permanent repair
fltsfshr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts