Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
@sawzal123 You are welcome fo the links. Given the timing and the distance the breakfast and brunch may be a stretch... But the Tech Day could be well worth the effort. Folks come from all over the state and the adjacent ones. You’ll get meet quite a few SSR folks and gurus, see some cool Rs, and another supercharged one, and perhaps get something taken care of, or get an idea for “something else to do”.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Been following SSR Fanatic for sometime now. Thought I would share. Purchased this 2005 SSR this past July, 2019. A little under 24,000 miles. Professionally installed Magnuson super charger added @ 19,000 miles along with a Magnuflow exhaust. Dyno report of 540 HP at the crank and 475 HP at the rear wheels. This thing accelerates nicely ;). Heavy duty torque converter installed in automatic transmission. I added the graphics and splashguards.

Since there has been recent posts regarding tires thought I would share another option. Thanks to past threads on the SSR Fanatic.com I decided on the Nitto Invo series tires. Front: 265/40R19 Rear: 315/35R20. I really like the looks of the tread. Purchased and installed at Discount Tire. I did not opt for the road hazard or tire replacement. Total price was $ 1,113.00

Thank all of you for sharing on this website. Lots of valuable information. View attachment 573534 View attachment 573535
Beautiful! I'd suggest putting on lowering springs and stiffer sway bars then autocrossing it. I really enjoy it. If you're just going for looks, I'd still lower it - makes it look less like a truck and more like a beast.

·
Registered
34 Posts
WOW, sounds like a hotruck. I've been looking at those tires too. I see you went wider than OEM. My concern is the wider the footprint the less wet traction due to reduced weight per square inch. Have you had a chance to experience wet handling. Would any of our other guru's weigh in on wider vs wet traction?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts