Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
Fix for a daily driver, not a body guy but saved my old parts from the deer collision...same side.. have bumper cover.. fender and headlight all repairable...my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
somebody needs to jump on this

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,203 Posts
I WANT Those Pedals for Kathy's '04 so it will match mine!!!!

Nick

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,882 Posts
Starting price is way too high. Just from the pictures you would need a hood, grille, front facia, headlight, rear fender, front wheel, etc., etc. That is just what you see in the pictures. Always more when you actually start fixing something. Also fairly high mileage on it. All these parts are hard ti find and very expensive. Probably cost in the $7,000 or $8,000 range to repair. Now you are in the $16,000.00 range. This will always have a branded title so you will have trouble insuring it for anything other then liability only insurance. You can probably buy a lower mileage SSR with a clean title for that. Just my 2 cents and we all know what that is worth.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have been watching the prices and it amazes me what they bring with the salvage titles. There was a flood car on Ebay a while back that brought in the $11,000 range. It had been cleaned but had, had water in the interior. It was black and looked good but I was still amazed it brought that. I saw a rolled over on one of the salvage auctions bring 4 grand. that I would guess some one was using the drive train out of it.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Some people put too much stock in a "clean" title. A vehicle which has been hurt and repaired properly isn't a problem. A vehicle with a "clean" title could have been abused or not serviced properly or at all. It's always buyer beware regardless of the title status.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,882 Posts
Some people put too much stock in a "clean" title. A vehicle which has been hurt and repaired properly isn't a problem. A vehicle with a "clean" title could have been abused or not serviced properly or at all. It's always buyer beware regardless of the title status.

I agree buyer be ware but a Branded title is an auto disapproval and lower value from the get go and most likely can't get fully insured. So if you have a loan on it you are screwed. Liability only!!! No loan.

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
The problem is, it is not just "some" people.
I don't see a problem for someone to purchase a Rebuilt Salvage - a decent financial move if they run it for a few years - especially if meant to be kept indefinitely
The problem comes when you go to sell it, be prepared to take the same hit as you took advantage of when purchased.

Quite a few of our Salvage/Flood Title SSR's have gone to Europe/Middle East where obviously they don't put as much stock in the Clean Title as North America does

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
If someone already had a fender and bumper in their garage, and could do the work themselves, and was looking for daily driver, as roger said, $6500-$7000 might be ok. No way to fix it "right" and make money by flipping it, IMHO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts