Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how our buddy 17 of 25 was doing in Fla. Hope his SSR is safe after both of those bad storms. Bonnie and Charlie sure packed a one two punch! Hope it leaves us alone and just gives us rain! Didn't he live in the keys? That place surely was in dire straights today!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Safe n Sound

Thanx 4 ur concern. My "baby" was safe n sound in her well protected garage all covered up.

We never really got any of the hurricane here in Fort Lauderdale. A few nasty squalls with 55+MPH gusts was all we saw about 2AM. Otherwise, I think the members on the West Coast of Fla got knocked 4 a loop. :boxing

My new friend n member Ron Dickson, who has the baaaaddddest SSR I've seen 2 date, lives up in the area that got slamed the hardest. My best wishes 2 him n his family. :thumbs

Also, it looks like there may b another 1 cumin down the pipe Thursday or Friday. Its cookin pretty good bout 2000 miles out. :mad

Again thanx 4 ur concern. :) :)

:cool

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
glad you missed out on this round. Hope all other friends are doing well and thier SSR's too. I have family in Port Charlotte and luckily thier house has only minor damage but the hosue next door was demoslished!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanx

Thanx cruzned n wildcat66.

The Port Charlotte area really got creamed. I heard that there might b as many as 10-20 people dead in that area. This storm was really a suprise 2 all, as far as the intensity that it finally came in at being a force 4. I don't think they really expected it 2 get that intense, 140mph+, when they had determined the area of impact. :confused

Originally they thought it wud b in Tampa/St. Pete area. As it turned out it hit about 100miles south of there, Port Charlotte. Believe it or not, as much damage as it did...it wud've been much worse if it hit Tampa. The estimates so far r approx $10-15 BILLION in damages. There goes our insurance rates AGAIN!!!!:banghead

Anyway, Thanx again n my best thoughts go out 2 all those in the devastated areas of Florida, the Carolinas n YES, cruzned, hold on 2 ur butt the Virginia's n points North. :mad

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gettin a ton of rain right now! This has been the wettest summer on record. The weather man actually has been counting the few dry days we have each month now and they are far and few between. Here come the puddles again. Those poor guys down south. That storm did a pretty quick hop skip and jump on ya'll. We keep hurricane supplies on hand all year so we can bolt down or bolt west if necessary.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi folks well vin#1422 was safe in the garage with 110mph winds blowing over the roof just met 17of25 several days before in pompano, it was a pleasure to see one of these first cars in person, i didn't realize the purple was differen't than the04 purple what a great ride!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! You must have an awesome garage to withstand that! Been in that kind of wind before and it is pretty scary!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Guess what?

Well, I'm in 4 the BIG ONE this weekend!!! Frances is bearing down on the SE Fla coast. This time I've gone thru the motions 2 prepare 4 the worst. My baby is tucked away in my garage with it's own car cvr n 2 tarps wrapped around her jus in case the worst happens. My 2nd car is between her n the out'r wall of the garage as well. :thumbs

It probablly will hit jus north of here early Saturday AM giving us 100+mph winds with tons of rain. R major concern is the tide due 2 I live rite on the New River jus 2 miles from the ocean. The prediction is 9-12 feet of tide ABOVE normal. Break out the sandbags. :mad I'm trying 2 get a local food chain here 2 let me park it in their 4 story indoor garage. :confused

Been here 30 years n this is only the 2nd hurricane that I prepared 4. The other was Andrew in 92. The rest were either near misses or jus not worth the trouble.

So u say u want 2 live in Florida!!!!

Keep a good thought
]

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Good luck

Been through a few myself - Andrew in South Louisiana in 92, Alicia in Houston, Alissa in Houston - not a lot of fun. Don't get brave, 17of 25 - just get the hell out and go someplace dry - take the baby with you. Been a busy season - we've been evacuating and remanning offshore rigs all summer long. it can take 24-36 hours to shut and evacuate some of the bigger rigs.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear that you chose to stay. Would have been a good time to cruise up north and westward. We will pray for YOU!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanx 2 ALL

I jus want 2 THANK ALL of the Members who posted their best wishes n prayers 4 my safety during this crazy hurricane Frances. It is VERY much appreciated. Thank you ALL, again.

We r still hunkered down but the good news is, as most of u know, that it has diminished to a "Cat 2" storm. :rolleyes: The bad news is that it is stalled jus off the coast n is dropping tons of rain over the SE Fla area. :mad Winds r only to 60mph when the storm bands come by, which is much better than the 145+mph winds my friends in the Bahamas had go thru their area. :mad

It shud b over by Sunday nite, Monday AM at the latest n we get on with our lives again. :) :) :)

Again Thanx 4 ALL ur good thoughts n prayers. :angel

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope it spares you and your family my friend! Florida is just so beautiful, I hate to see this happening to your state! I also see you own an Impala. Saw an awesome one at a car show the other day with air bags and tricked out wheels and tires. It was hissing and lowering and raising itself through the show all day. Pretty cool ride. Those air bags are just too cool. hang in there and best wishes my friend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts