Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have decided to have the front of my SSR flamed ready for the Cannonball 8000 event I'm doing in September. My painter is very skillful but not much of an "artist". Now I remember seein' a real sweet flame job on one of your SSR's but I can't remember which member it was. :confused All I want is a decent photo that will show my man what I want. Just wish I could use Photoshop properly :lol
Can anybody help me with some designs :cheers

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,855 Posts

Ron Gibb a friend of mine from Toronto Canada area, is known for his long lick flames. This is his site for your painter to get some ideas from, if this style appeals to you. The black SSR was at SEMA this past year. http://home.cogeco.ca/~rongibbs2/ssr2Th.jpg http://home.cogeco.ca/~rongibbs2/ssr4Th.jpg
http://home.cogeco.ca/~rongibbs2/flames.htm
http://home.cogeco.ca/~rongibbs1/home.htm
Cheers ... Ed / REBEL ... the hard turn around the fender is difficult to put graphics on and make look good from all angles ... good luck with your task!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all your help Rebel & Keith. Hopefully soon I'll be posting my own pics showing off my new flamed front.

Cheers
Mad-dog

·
Premium Member
9,498 Posts
Edited myself - asked the wrong mad dog a question.

Ray

·
180 Posts
Flames for a Slingshot

Mad-dog,

Lots of flames in the Fanatic archives. Do a search under "flames" and check out all the styles. I had a thread called "Finally flames" with quite a few pics also.

Flames are not everone's cup of tea, but like my air brusher said "If your drivin' a slingshot yellow SSR you're not exactly trying to avoid attention," so why not?

I like the edge flames gives our roadsters--gives them an entirely different personality!

One important question to ask your self is do you want to paint the entire front of your SSR (including grille with removing "Chevrolet" face plate) and fade to different colors (see "Modified SSR's in gallery opening page photo). I chose to leave the front yellow and gradually fade from yellow-orange to orange with a purple pinstripe.

Great chance to express yourself. The SSR bodystyle with curves and fenders just screams for flames!

Good luck,

Here are a few of my early photos. I have trouble photographing without too much glare on the hood. :seeya

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Flames don't have to be on the front.

Mad-dog said:
Have decided to have the front of my SSR flamed ready for the Cannonball 8000 event I'm doing in September. My painter is very skillful but not much of an "artist". Now I remember seein' a real sweet flame job on one of your SSR's but I can't remember which member it was. :confused All I want is a decent photo that will show my man what I want. Just wish I could use Photoshop properly :lol
Can anybody help me with some designs :cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks all of you guys over there! :thumbs I now have enough info & pictures that I can show my painter. In fact he came round last night and over a few beers we wasted a roll of lining tape just laying out a few flames :) I intend to paint the whole front purple (my favourite colour) and go to oranges, then into the original yellow. Not sure what pinstripe colour to use though, maybe gold or black. Still at least it's under way!! Will post some pictures when she's "flamed"

Thanks again guys, your help has been invaluable :flag :thumbs

P.S. Just thought I'd show you all my other "flamed" beauty..... Torment

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Here's Purple With Flames

Here's a racing sled I did ten years ago.

It's a silver base with DMD 624 purple over the top, and then Chrome yellow, molly orange, and 4154 red with tincture gold pearl over the flames (all PPG), and BC 01 gold for the Flames outlines (House of Kolors), then 2020 clear from PPG.

This thng is realy beautiful inthe sun.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,855 Posts

Can't go wrong with yellow and purple ... I would be thinking slime green (lime) or process blue to trim flame edges (Just to make it harder for you to make up your mind :) ) . And I see with your other toy you do things right. The quality of the picture you must have made it in the magazines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.