Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the hood on now from Mpd. the same one Rick has. the fit and finish was excellent. The body shop said they had never had a fiber glass hood fit that well from the crate. the finish was excellent also. Hood strut keepers built in. I would recommend these folks for their quality and workmanship. they also make the fender to fender runnin boards also. I am very happy with the hood. Here are some pictures :thumbs :cool :seeya

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Man thats sweet

It may not be for me but it sure does look nice. Now clean the tires. LOL :lol :glol

JIM

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Did you think to weigh it before mounting? I'll give you $20 for your old junky hood :angel

·
Registered
254 Posts
BobA that's one good looking hood

I may have to drive a full mile behind you, down to Decatur so I don't look so bad (stock). Good job, will want more details Saturday. :thumbs

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
weight

REBEL said:
Did you think to weigh it before mounting? I'll give you $20 for your old junky hood :angel
It weighed 55#s crate and all. So I would say just under 50#. I think the hood will hang around for a while. Looks like it would make a good snow sled, If we got much snow. Then it might be a old junkey hood. :glol :glol :lol :glol :glol

Rebel if I decide to sell it you can have 1st crack at it. :seeya

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yaller Dog said:
I may have to drive a full mile behind you, down to Decatur so I don't look so bad (stock). Good job, will want more details Saturday. :thumbs
Yaller Dog, I bet one of those hoods woud look real good in Beanie Flipper Yellow. :rolleyes: :glol :glol :jester on yours. I want to see the runnin boards they do after seeing the hood. It did not look like fiberglass tilll you looked at the edges and they were very consistint.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow

Looks great!!!

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Bob...that is a great addition to your fine looking SSR. How functional is the scoop...maybe the pix will tell me that.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,102 Posts
Nice touch

It adds a really nice look to the hood profile. I especially like the way the crest line of the hood splits and flows into the outer line of the scoop plenum.

Mike

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Thanks for the complements everyone. if you want underside pics or other info go to our site www.mpd1.com that would be one expensive snowsled Bob, when i bought mine it listed for 995.00. most expensive GM hood i have ever bought. I will do a weight comparison next week. I would guess its about 10 lbs lighter than stock.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Great lookin' truck

Looks great! I can't wait to see it at Decatur Sat. Just one question..Is there anything besides the frame, that is still stock???? :lol :lol :lol

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I keep saying I'm staying STOCK - but then a couple of us do a hood mod and my thinkin' is changin' - maybe.

Does look very good in RED though...

·
Registered
380 Posts
BobA said:
I have the hood on now from Mpd. the same one Rick has. the fit and finish was excellent. The body shop said they had never had a fiber glass hood fit that well from the crate. the finish was excellent also. Hood strut keepers built in. I would recommend these folks for their quality and workmanship. they also make the fender to fender runnin boards also. I am very happy with the hood. Here are some pictures :thumbs :cool :seeya

Hey Bob,
Looks FANATIC
I had found MPD's website before i joined this forum, seeing Rick's car not knowing it was his. Sent it to my body shop to get more details. Do you have to make any alterations to the air box or any place else?
Another question for you. I had the Hornet remote starter/security system installed with remote pager. I asked them to link it up to the roof to remote open, but they did not know how to do it. Any suggestions I can forward to them and doesn't it have to somehow override the brake to work?
Bard :ssr

1 - 20 of 32 Posts