Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading that if you have a flat there is an inflater kit behind the seat.
Does this have to be refilled after the first use, and do you have to go to Chevy to get a new one

·
Registered
371 Posts
The bottle of goop needs to be replaced, but the compressor and such do not. I bought a tire plugging kit from Walmart for 4.95 which does the trick for me. Most places won't plug or patch your tire due to liability reasons as the tires are speed rated.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
smokin Joe said:
its just a can of fix a flat with a chevy label on it right?
Yeah - from what I understand a VERY expensive can of fix a flat - when purchased from Chevy. (If it can be found - I think I read folks were having a hard time replacing - seems some new SSR's were delivered w/o the inflator kit at all!)

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
The Chevy stuff is a little better (thicker) but I did buy a can Super Fix-a-Flat for SUVs because I have used it before on other cars and I know it works and very easy to use and no extra air is needed. You just hook up the little air hose load the product into the tire disconnect and GO! I have never had it not work on nail and screw holes. I keep a can in all three of my cars. It can not be used however if you have factory tire pressue sensors.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
living2be said:
The bottle of goop needs to be replaced, but the compressor and such do not. I bought a tire plugging kit from Walmart for 4.95 which does the trick for me. Most places won't plug or patch your tire due to liability reasons as the tires are speed rated.
I've had no problems getting tires repaired. Mind you, depending on where it is punctured, not every tire can be patched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts