Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Aqua Blur, auto
230 Posts
I have a passenger side only. I use it a lot. I have heard the driver's side holder just gets in the way, and it would seem that way to me. I like the passenger side holder, but I've thought of getting one of the big holders that hangs on the door instead. I'd like to see what inventive fanatics have come up with...

·
Premium Member
2005 SSR
53 Posts
I have a passenger side only. I use it a lot. I have heard the driver's side holder just gets in the way, and it would seem that way to me. I like the passenger side holder, but I've thought of getting one of the big holders that hangs on the door instead. I'd like to see what inventive fanatics have come up with...
I use the gap filler cup holders with accessory pockets and USB ports. They work great and don’t get in the way of anything. Take up very little space and don’t damage seats in the least. Look on Amazon.

·
Registered
'04 pearl yellow with ghost flames
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the gap filler cup holders with accessory pockets and USB ports. They work great and don’t get in the way of anything. Take up very little space and don’t damage seats in the least. Look on Amazon.
The ones I have seen look like they wood scratch up the console. But I am sure there are lots of different styles on the market

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,578 Posts
We use the passengers side one and the dash one but when I had one on the drivers side of the console it was in the way for me. I sold my extra drivers side ones.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
My truck did not come with one but I thought they were cool. I eventually found one and installed it. What a waste of money. They are cheaply made, not really in a good position for a drink, interfere with leg room, only accommodate smaller containers and can get in the way when moving seats. I ended up with a console tray that fit over the E-brake handle. That worked very well for me.

·
Registered
'04 pearl yellow with ghost flames
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My truck did not come with one but I thought they were cool. I eventually found one and installed it. What a waste of money. They are cheaply made, not really in a good position for a drink, interfere with leg room, only accommodate smaller containers and can get in the way when moving seats. I ended up with a console tray that fit over the E-brake handle. That worked very well for me.
Thanks For the info. Do you have any information on the one for the brake handle. Thanks

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Thanks For the info. Do you have any information on the one for the brake handle. Thanks
Well, yes and no. The one I had was leather made by a fellow fanatic. I don't know if she still makes anything. See pic. But there are a number of threads on the forum talking about different options. Just do a search and you'll find them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 & 2004 Black SSR
86 Posts
I only utilize the passenger cup holder and the dash cup holder which is small for some drinks.
I wouldn't recommend the driver's side.
If passengers complain then there is some space in the tonneau cover area and or the roof top space with the top up.

Just Kidding. 😁

1 - 14 of 14 Posts