Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2004 5.3l auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I joined for my Dad some time ago but he isnt really into memberships and such. He does like car shows though. Anyway, my dad bought his 2004 SSR brand new and it now has 225,000 miles on it. He bought it as his company vehicle and he had his company logo placed on the doors within a week of owning it. Now, His health is bad and he doesnt drive much any longer. He decided to pass the truck on to me, his oldest son. I have always loved his truck. He let me drive it to Miami, which is about 12 hours away, and I had the top down the whole time while blasting the stereo. Fell in love. So when he gave me this SSR I couldnt believe it. It does have a few little problems, but Im reading a lot of the post here and Im slowly figuring out the problems. For a 15 year old truck it still runs like a monster. One day I will pass it to my sons as well. Any way, I am currently overseas and can only order the parts I need until I get home to work on and fix the yellow beast. Thanks to all who submit the problem solving in the posts, And the pictures are a super plus. Some guy name Dictator is a SSR genius here. Thanks for having this site, maybe see you guys/gals around Fort Walton Beach/ Destin/ Crestview Florida area.

Attachments

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,237 Posts
Welcome from The Colony, TX.

You will not believe the fun you are going to have with this group!

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,436 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
DMFIFE1947 - - If you haven't already been welcomed from Illinois please allow me the pleasure. As A tip; If you are going to store the vehicle for a period of time in an unheated garage with a concrete floor (and assumbing you have time or have a friend) stop by your local HOME DEPOT or MENARDS store and go to the insulation dept and buy two (2) 1" x 4' x 8' foam sheets and place them under the vehicle. This will help to eliminate moisture coming up from the floor and RUSTING the underside. It depends how long you will be overseas. In any event, have a safe trip and you'll be welcomed back. WSK

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Welcome to the Group, from Friendswood, Texas. If, when You get back home, You list some of the issues You know of, I am sure there will be lots of assistance in getting those corrected. Enjoy the Ride and be Safe.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,644 Posts
Hello all,
I joined for my Dad some time ago but he isnt really into memberships and such. He does like car shows though. Anyway, my dad bought his 2004 SSR brand new and it now has 225,000 miles on it. He bought it as his company vehicle and he had his company logo placed on the doors within a week of owning it. Now, His health is bad and he doesnt drive much any longer. He decided to pass the truck on to me, his oldest son. I have always loved his truck. He let me drive it to Miami, which is about 12 hours away, and I had the top down the whole time while blasting the stereo. Fell in love. So when he gave me this SSR I couldnt believe it. It does have a few little problems, but Im reading a lot of the post here and Im slowly figuring out the problems. For a 15 year old truck it still runs like a monster. One day I will pass it to my sons as well. Any way, I am currently overseas and can only order the parts I need until I get home to work on and fix the yellow beast. Thanks to all who submit the problem solving in the posts, And the pictures are a super plus. Some guy name Dictator is a SSR genius here. Thanks for having this site, maybe see you guys/gals around Fort Walton Beach/ Destin/ Crestview Florida area.
You now belong to Florida Chapter, NO Dues! NO Meetings! NO Rules!!

We are 216 Florida Chapter Fanatics.

Your Florida Panhandle Ambassador is Chad/Teresa Smith, Crestview, FL 32539, Site Name -SSR4U

Here is SSR How to Library: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Not fooling me with that panhandle crap, Florida is Florida. You're one of them there Floridians. :yesnod

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,434 Posts
Helloooooo from Cincinnati! Quite the hand me down...I'll do the same for my daughter (it'll probably have a million miles before she gets it though!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts